Chill with Windhoek Express
06 November 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Celebrate the diversity of life, an art exhibition by Gerdis Stadtherr featuring a variety of different styles, can be viewed at 19 Metje Street until 30 November. Opening times are from 12:00 to 18:00.
Thursday 7 November
• 18:00 The Beauty of Namibia, a photographic exhibition by Jandre Germishuizen at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar. Contact Michael at [email protected] to reserve your spot. Tickets: N$270 per person (tapas and wine, and a silent auction).
• 19:00 The Namibian Lesbian Festival takes place at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre, featuring 25 lesbian women from five regions of Namibia, with poetry, music, storytelling and dance.
Friday 8 November
• 19:00 St Paul’s College Christmas Fête at the high school gardens. Entrance: N$40 for adults and N$20 for children.
• 20:00 The Fashion Soirée at Nyama Restaurant. Tickets: N$80 in advance via PayToday or Today.com.na
• 20:00 Windhoek Fashion Week at Maerua Mall. Fashion show features Triumph Textile, Sammate Couture, Vera, Pom Couture, Smart Fashion, TBS- Fashion & Design, Mohenn and House of Poulton. Tickets cost N$150 (standard) or N$250 (VIP), available on PayToday, www.today.com.na and Airtime City vending machines.
Saturday 9 November
• 08:00 Learn how to defend yourself in typical home invasion scenarios hosted by TrueKrav Namibia. The focus is on knife stabs, panga attacks as well as rifle and handgun disarming. Participation costs N$350 per person (14 years and older). Bookings are essential! Info: [email protected]
• 08:00 Join a guided walk in the Botanical Gardens (8 Orban Street) until 10:45. Books, cards, T-shirts for sale and refreshments will be available. Entrance: N$20 for visitors and no charge for members and children under 16. Info: [email protected]
• 09:00 Christmas Market at Omeya Care Centre until 15:00. Bring the whole family to join in the festivities, which include an open market with gourmet food, cold refreshments, live music, handmade crafts and more.
• 09:00 Clear the Shelter Day at the SPCA in Windhoek until 18:00.
• 10:00 Windhoek Flea Market at the German Shepherd Club in Olympia, featuring second hand treasures like clothing, kitchenware and all kinds of goodies at flea market prices. Entrance is free.
• 19:00 John Rock Prophet performs at The Gin Room until 23:00.
Monday 11 November
• 19:30 Public talk by Novald Kandali Iiyambo on Reptile Smuggling in Namibia at the Scientific Society.
Wednesday 13 November
• 19:00 In the framework of its film festival, the German Embassy in cooperation with Goethe-Institute screens the movie “30 years Fall of the Berlin Wall - Zug in die Freiheit - Train to Freedom” at the Scientific Society.
Thursday 14 November
• 18:00 9th Annual Wine Show at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar. Tickets: N$420 per person.
• 19:30 On request of members, Toastmaster Michael Chikwililwa hosts a repeat of An Overview of a Toastmaster’s Meeting at the Scientific Society.
Friday 15 November
• 10:00 Couch Couture presents a Wedding Expo at the Lemon Tree restaurant in Liliencron Street. Continues on Saturday until 21:00. Tickets available via Events Today.
• 19:00 The exhibition Ephemera opens at the Goethe Institute and can be viewed until 22 November.
Saturday 16 November
• 07:00 Heja Game Lodge 21km or 10 km breakfast walk/run. Info: [email protected]
• 14:30 A magical journey unfolds when Pippa finds a bottle in the ocean in Message in a bottle at the National Theatre. A second show takes place at 18:00. Tickets: N$100 via Computicket.
• 18:00 Vox Vitae singers launch concert at the Christuskirche, with guest performers Emily Dangwa and the Collective Singers. Tickets: N$80 in advance or N$100 at the doors, available from all members. Info: Eslon @ 081 252 4947.
Monday 18 November
• 19:30 Public talk by Salomon Kalondo on Apples in the Kalahari at the Scientific Society.
Saturday 23 November
• 08:00 Operation Burning Bush at the Action Arena. Info: www.action.com.na
• 09:00 The annual Jenny’s Place Christmas Market featuring a variety of handmade items, food, clothing, candles, jewellery, gifts, crafts and much more takes place until 14:00.
• 10:00 The AfroFuture Festival hosted by African Naturals Hair & Skin Products, takes place at the Theatre School in Windhoek until 16:00.
• 11:00 Live to Ride hosts their annual Kidz Run, starting at The Handle Bar. Donate food, blankets, stationery, clothes, toiletries and toys to support the cause.
• 18:00 Pietman (of Oppiestoep-fame) & Friends at the Erfenis Kultuursentrum (corner of Bismarck and Blohm Street). Tickets: N$450 per person (includes dinner and wine). Info: [email protected] or Elizma at 081 122 4110.
Thursday 28 November
• 17:00 Safari Den Camping Hunting Outdoor Summer Market at Auas Valley Shopping Mall until 21:00, and continues until the 30th.
• 18:00 Resilience - How to Fail, Bounce Back & Show Up, hosted by Future Females at the Vintage Coffee Shop. Tickets: N$75 via PayToday.
• 18:00 Joe Vision Production in collaboration with the Goethe-Institut Namibia invite the public to the screening of Okavango-Leben Am Fluss-Fremder Vater, a film commissioned by Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF) and shot in Namibia in 2017. German with English subtitles. Entrance: Free.
• 20:00 For Coloured Girls, the ground-breaking work written by African American playwright Ntozake Shange, is performed in the National Theatre, with performances until Saturday. Tickets: N$100 via Computicket.
Friday 29 November
• 12:00 Kapana Festival vol. 3.1 at the Khomasdal Stadium, until Saturday at 23:00.
• 18:30 An eco zumbathon with Mansoor and Rukaya Galant takes place at The Dome in Swakopmund until 20:30. Tickets: N$100 in advance or N$120 at the doors. Info: 081 687 8833.
• 18:30 Join the Cancer Association of Namibia and Desmond Wells at the 2019 Mo Bro & Mo Sista Awards taking place at Wanderers. Tickets: N$180. Mo Bro & Mo Sista entries and donation forms available from [email protected] or 061 237 740.
• 19:00 Cars at Sunset at the Mega Centre. Entrance is free, but please donate canned food and decent old clothing (no cash) for charity. No alcohol will be sold.
Saturday 30 November
• 07:00 Ondundu Speed Hiking Day up the Kaiser-Wilhelm mountain. For more info, contact [email protected] or call 0813844954 / 0817147555 for directions. A registration fee of N$30 is payable.
• 10:00 Celebrate diversity, culture and music while creating visibility for the LGBTIQA+ community at the Rainbow Fiesta hosted by Mr Gay Namibia 2018 Rivelino Reinecke. Tickets: N$50 for general access, and N$150 for VIP, available from Chopsis and The Kitchen. Venue TBC.
• 10:00 Coastal Fiesta at Kuisebmund Stadium – an exhibition platform for SMEs, corporates and Namibians at large filled with loads of entertainment. Tickets: N$50 via PayToday.
Friday 6 December
• 10:00 The Swakopmund KIA Makietie in Swakopmund at the Vineta sport fields features performances by Juanita du Plessis, Leah, Emo Adams, Dirk van der Westhuizen, Fatman, EES, Die Campbells, Willem Botha and Lollos. Continues on 7 December. Tickets: N$50 via Computicket
Saturday 7 December
• 18:00 Visible Talent Namibia, showcasing talent from across the country, at the TransNamib Gammams sports fields. Tickets: Starting at N$50 via Webtickets.
Saturday 14 December
• 21:00 Kick-off your summer festivities in style with an awesome performance by Jack Parow at Summer Swing at Club Naps in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$300 via Computicket.
Wednesday 18 December
• 09:00 Swakop Beach Volleyball Camp 3, hosted by Timeout BVA in Swakopmund until 19 December. This is the ideal chance to spend a weekend at the coast focusing on improving your beach game. There will be lots of coaching tips on your technique and game. You don’t need a partner and individuals are welcome, and the camp is aimed at all volleyball players from improvers, intermediate through to advanced. Cost: N$600.
• 11:00 Tafel Lite Beach Bash at Dolphin Park Beach. On the programme is loads of entertainment ranging from beach volleyball to live performances by Early B, Gaza and many DJs. Food and beverages will be available to keep you hydrated and fuelled up for the long day of fun filled activities. Tickets: N$170 via Computicket.
Friday 27 December
• 12:00 Celebrate Summer at the legendary Spirit of Summer, a hallmark Namibian beach festival that has attracted 1000s of people over the 10 years of its existence. See you at Tiger Reef! Tickets: N$150 via Computicket.
Saturday 28 December
• 11:00 Sound of Summer, brought to you by Cruz Vodka, is heading to Langstrand for 12 hours of sunshine, music and beach. Venue: Tidal Pool Area. Tickets: N$170 via Computicket.
Tuesday 31 December
• 19:00 New Year's Eve beach party at Tiger Reef. Ring in the new year on the beach with live music performances from various international and local DJs. Don`t miss out. Tickets: N$1200 via Computicket.