10 December 2018 | Art and Entertainment
• My String Theory, an exhibition of paintings by Daniela Magg can be viewed at El Barrio Tapas Bar and Restaurant (16 Liliencron Street) until 12 December.
• The UNAM Visual Arts department hosts their annual exhibition at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 19 January.
• Art Come Together, an exhibition of the results from art workshops in the Khomas, Kavango East, Oshana and Hardap regions at the National Art Gallery until 2 February.
Sunday 9 December
• 12:00 The annual Windhoek Pop Up Festival returns for its second offering at the Dros United sport fields, featuring an artsy "coachella" theme, a new location and an action packed line up. The event fuses SMEs with a lifestyle, fashion, music, food and drinks vibe. Tickets: N$20 via Today.com.na
Monday 10 December
• 10:00 Gifts 4 Kidz at the Megameno orphanage, hosted by Hugs 4 Christ. Info: [email protected]
Tuesday 11 December
• 15:00 Showcase Namibia is an opportunity for tourists and locals to interact and be entertained by cultural performances including song and dance, designed to showcase our country's rich and diverse cultural heritage. The event takes place at the Warehouse Theatre until 16:00. Tickets: N$170.
Friday 14 December
• 21:00 Come enjoy some good vibes with Miss H at the Boiler Room.
Saturday 15 December
• The Wing It Birthday Bash takes place at the TransNamib sports grounds in Pionierspark until late. Tickets cost N$50 and are available via Today.com.na
• 18:00 Taati Sibolile fashion exhibition featuring the brand's latest offering in woman's wear, as well their first menswear collection at 5915 Visarend Street. Titled Jardin des Anges, the collections are inspired by the 1920s, and are heavily influenced by the designer's maternal culture. The audience can expect an unusual presentation of luxury fashion, classic food, and inventive drinks. Tickets: N$300 via Today.com.na
• 21:00 Uptown Reggae Invasion at the Boiler Room.
Wednesday 19 December
• 21:00 Crucial Selekta spins the best Reggae and Dancehall tunes at the Boiler Room. Entrance is free.
Thursday 20 December
• 21:00 The velvet-voiced crooner Sean K graces the Boiler Room stage for an unforgettable night of good music.
Monday 31 December
• 18:30 Celebrate New Year's Eve at Js Taste of India with the whole family. There will be a Chef's choice self service buffet and a glass of champagne at midnight.
Saturday 12 January
• 06:00 Warthog road run/walk starting at the Otjihase road boom. Info: [email protected]