Events calendarCurrently running
• Shifting Horizons, a solo exhibition by Barbara Böhlke at the StART gallery at The Wolfshack, can be viewed until 8 March.
• The manifestations of the self, an exhibition by Julia Hango at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre can be viewed until 22 March.
• Textiles and textures – a selection of works from the Namibia Arts Association can be viewed at the National Art Gallery until 5 May 2018. Info: [email protected] or 061 231 160.
• NA/M(E)BIA, an exhibition of works from the National Art Gallery’s Permanent Collection is displayed alongside a few pieces made by contemporary Namibian artists in celebration of Namibia’s 28 years of independence. View until 31 March.
Thursday 8 March
• 18:00 New Beginnings, an exhibition of artworks by the graduates of the College of the Arts, opens in the upper gallery and foyer of the National Art Gallery. View until 21 April.
Friday 9 March
• 18:00 Mitchell Gatsi presents his first solo exhibition of 32 unique handcrafted ceramic sculptures and vessels in Nurture, at The Project Room. View until 24 March.
• Ladies night with Leanie du Randt Bosch and Irene-Louise van Wyk at the NG church Suiderhof. Tickets cost N$250 an include finger food. Info: 081 288 2886.
• 20:00 In celebration of International Women’s Day, The Gathering is back with an all-female cast at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$50 in advance and N$70 at the door.
Saturday 10 March
• 09:00 Join the 11th market event at The Shed until 18:00, and from 10:00 to 15:00 on Sunday, 11 March.
• 09:00 The Windhoek City Market takes place at the Village complex in Liliencron Street, selling good food, wine and other interesting items. Info: windhoekcitymarket.com
Tuesday 13 March
• 17:30 The world is her universe, an exhibition by Candice Salkunga, opens at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre. View until 5 April.
Wednesday 14 March
• 08:00 The Namibia University of Science and Technology career fair takes place on campus until the 15th. Info: Michael Kisting at 061 207 2271 or [email protected] or Susan Dietlik at 061 207-2070 or [email protected]
• 18:00 Perivi Katjavivi’s drama, The Unseen is screened at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$40.
• 19:00 Chris Chameleon and Daniella Deysel are Kat & Wolf at the Warehouse Theatre. Tickets available from www.today.com.na
Thursday 15 March
• 20:00 Living Room Session with FreeYourMind stand-up comedy at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$50 in advance and N$70 at the door.
• 21:00 Blessing Chimanga performs live at the Boiler Room. Entrance is free.
Friday 16 March
• 18:00 The Strava Wars Enduro Series at the IJG Trails at Farm Windhoek is in a relay format aimed at all riders wanting to give Enduro a go. Info: www.farmwindhoek.com
Saturday 17 March
• 07:00 The Archery Association hosts their annual independence shoot at the SKW. Join them for a 1440 round on Saturday and 720 round with eliminations on Sunday. Info: archerynamibia.org
• 09:00 St Paddies is celebrated at Joe's Beerhouse. Dress up in green, party, spin the wheel, win prizes and have fun. Entrance: N$20.
Tuesday 20 March
• 18:00 The MTC Nestor Tobias Sunshine Boxing and Fitness Academy hosts The Legacy Fight at Ramatex in Windhoek, featuring a host of local and international boxers. Tickets cost from N$50 to N$500 and are available via Computicket.
• 20:00 SA band Akkedis performs at the Warehouse Theatre for one night only. Advance tickets cost N$150 at www.eventstoday.com.na, Airtime City Kiosks and the Warehouse Theatre. Remaining tickets will be sold at the door for N$180.
Wednesday 21 March
• 06:30 The Okahandja Running Club hosts the Independence Run (27km, 2x 13.5km relay) from the Okahandja Country Lodge. Info: Peter-Jac de Klerk at 081 296 5128.