05 May 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Steps, a Pamwe Group exhibition, can be viewed at Die Muschel in Swakopmund until 19 May.
• Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue at the Woermannhaus Gallery in Swakopmund until 31 May.
Monday 6 May
• 18:00 Using the essences of the Didgeridoo interwoven by the mystical sounds of the Mayan temple drone flute, Steve Mazabow and Vanessa Forbes from Australia take you on a magical sonic sound journey at the Warehouse Theatre. Tickets: From N$175 via Web-tickets.
Tuesday 7 May
• 10:00 A Colorful HeART hosts the Kids Art Holiday Workshop in Swakopmund, focusing on the joy of the creative process through the introduction of exciting techniques and artistic mediums.
Thursday 9 May
• 08:00 The Namibia performing arts championships take place in the National Theatre until Saturday night.
• 19:30 Repeated on request by members, Toastmaster Michael Chikwililwa gives an Overview of a Toastmaster's Meeting at the Scientific Society.
Friday 10 May
• 09:00 Omaruru Art Fair hosted by Chris Johnston Photography until Sunday.
• 17:30 Jennifer Zamudio performs at 3 Ruhr Street in Windhoek (Redline Motor club) in support of Dare to Care drought aid initiative. Tickets: N$400 per person which includes food and wine. Bookings: Atasha @ 081 300 3993 or Lee-ann @ 081 170 4119.
• 18:00 Sax Lounge, hosted by I am King at the Goethe Institute.
• 18:00 The Moon Mountain Film Society screens the first film in an ongoing Namibian film series at the Ozondje Town Hall in Omaruru. The inaugural film is Katutura.
Saturday 11 May
• 09:00 SPCA open day, with coffee, brötchen and cake along with tours of the shelter and face painting for kids, until 12:00.
14:00 A Colorful HeART hosts a Collage Art Introduction Workshop teaching art lovers to create a personal deck of collage cards using magazine images to explore the many aspects of themselves, their views, hopes and dreams.
• 16:00 See Namibia's finest DJs at the 5th Annual KFC Bring Your Own Bottle Party at the Zoo Park in Windhoek. Tickets: N$60 to N$100 via Computicket.
• 16:00 The Namibian Kickboxing Federation hosts the Namibia Fight Championships at the Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre. Tickets at the venue and at Toatite Bottle Store. Info: Danny at 081 378 8849 or Anita at 081 127 4711.
Friday 17 May
• 18:30 Moonlight eclipse run at Farm Windhoek. Info: [email protected]
• 15:00 Ultra24 short course MTB event at the Doc Jubber hockey fields in Windhoek. Pitting teams of two, four, and six against each other to rack up the maximum amount of Laps in the allotted 24-hour time cap. Teams are allowed to swop out between riders as often as they like.
Saturday 18 May
• 11:00 Buster & Bella concert along with a potjiekos competition and fun day at the Reformed church Pioneerspark. Tickets: N$120 via Webtickets, or N$140 at the doors.
• 18:00 A night of inspiration in the National Theatre is an evening motivational talks featuring local and international leaders. The aim is to inspire people to be unlimited and reach their full potential in life. Tickets: N$350 via Computicket.
Monday 20 May
• 09:00 Education fair at the Wernhil shopping centre until Wednesday.
Tuesday 21 May
• 19:30 What about our water? How water secure are we? – a talk hosted by Namibia Scientific Society by the Water Stakeholder Forum.
Thursday 23 May
• 19:30 The Scientific Society hosts a talk on bird flu.
Friday 24 May
• 19:00 Friday Night Cars at Sunset at the Pupkewitz Mega Centre. Join in for a night of Namibia's finest rides combined with good music.
Sunday 26 May
• 07:00 RFS winter classic beach volleyball at DTS in Windhoek.
Tuesday 28 May
• 19:30 The Namibisch-Deutsche Stiftung (NaDS) in cooperation with Namibia Scientific Society host a German talk by Shapumba ya Shapumba about his life and experience in two worlds – Germany and Namibia.
Friday 31 May
• 10:00 Kasi Vibe festival vol 6 at The Garden Inn until Sunday 2 June.
Saturday 1 June
• 12:00 Sound for Sight music festival at the Geheime Bendehuis in Windhoek.
Friday 14 June
• 07:00 Charity Golf For Farmers in Need hosted by the Windhoek Golf and Country Club.
Saturday 22 June
• 18:30 Miss Plus Size Namibia at the Kovambo hall of the Khomas regional council. Tickets: N$300 via Webtickets.
Sunday 23 June
• 07:00 Nedbank City Dash starting at the Zoo Park in Windhoek. Tickets via Today.com.na
Wednesday 26 June
• 14:00 Windhoek Annual Cultural Festival at the Sam Nujoma stadium, promoting Namibian culture while empowering youth through entrepreneurship, social empowerment, creativity and innovation until 30 June 2019.
Saturday 29 June
• 19:00 The annual Mr & Miss Miedoso Inc beauty pageant and masquerade ball takes place in Rehoboth. The theme is Frozen in 1940 and the dress code is all while. Tickets: N$60 (standard) and N$120 (VIP).
Monday 8 July
• 08:00 Five-day course title Hands on autism - building a professionals' toolkit takes place in Windhoek. Info: [email protected]
Saturday 3 August
• 18:00 Heal our land concert with Manda Gabriel in concert and experience a live DVD recording featuring award-winning artists Zaza Moketi and Dumi, at the Zoo Park in Windhoek. Tickets: N$100 to N$250 via Computicket.