07 July 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• The Swakopmund Arts Association hosts the exhibition Nature at its best at the Woermannhaus Gallery until 20 July.
Sunday 7 July
• 12:00 Standard Bank Avis X-trail at Eagles. Register at www.otbsport.com or contact [email protected] for info. Online entries close 2 July 2019 at 14:00.
Monday 8 July
• 08:00 Five-day course titled Hands on autism - building a professionals' toolkit takes place in Windhoek. Info: [email protected]
• 18:15 Walvis Bay Toastmasters host a meeting at the Liberty Life Fiscon building. Participation: Free. Info: Elrie at 081 250 7135 or [email protected]
Tuesday 9 July
• The Windhoek Golf Club hosts 3 van die Bestes – Kevin Leo, Mathys Roets and Danie Niehaus. VIP tickets: N$200
Thursday 11 July
• 18:30 The St George's Centenary Gala takes place at Droomboos. Tickets: N$350 via Webtickets. No under 18s.
Friday 12 July
• 18:00 South African singers Gerrie Pretorius and Caroline Grace perform at Wanderers in support of the Namibia Farmers Drought Fund. Tickets include a light meal. Info: Marcha @ 081 288 2886.
• 19:30 Drie van die Bestes (Kevin Leo, Danie Niehaus and Mathys Roets) perform at the Dome in Swakopmund.
Saturday 13 July
• 18:30 The Omaruru Männerchor perform at the Wronsky Hall in Omaruru. Entrance is free although donations are welcome. Cash bar and light meals available.
Thursday 18 July
• 19:00 Tselane and the Giant - a children's theatre production at the NTN until the 20th. Tickets: N$80 via Computicket.
• 19:30 The Bottomless Coffee Band launches their Sitkamer Sessions album in Namibia at the Warehouse Theatre. Ticket's for tonight's event cost N$400 and include a buffet meal, whereafter the shows on 19 and 20 July cost N$150 via Webtickets.
Thursday 25 July
• 19:00 Cinderella and her prince, hosted by the College of the Arts and the Cape Town City Ballet in the National Theatre until Saturday, along with a matinee at 15:00 on the 27th. Tickets: N$180 via Computicket
Friday 26 July
• 14:00 The annual Standard Bank Biltongfees takes place at the Trustco United Sports Fields until Saturday, with tons of biltong, Miss. Biltongfees, kids' park and sport for the kids and a lot of interesting stands, and performances by various local and SA singers. Tickets: N$25 – N$140 via Webtickets.
• 18:00 Submerged, an ever-growing installation artwork by the Crochet Collective to parallel the exponential regrowth of coral in the reefs around the world, opens at The Loft in Windhoek. Entrance is free.
• 21:00 Geraas oppi Plaas, usually happening somewhere on a farm, hosts its first ever Stad Stomp – a psy trance neon party under the sea at the Warehouse Theatre. Featuring DJs TimeLord, PsyMax, DraadLoos and Boris the Bulldozer. Tickets: N$80 in advance via Web-tickets or N$120 at the doors.
Saturday 27 July
• 07:00 Soapbox Racing hosted by SOS Children's Villages Namibia. Build your own racer (without an engine) using recycled material, come and show your talent and win big!
• 09:00 Hochland Dog Club & Windhoek Dog Club host an All-Breed Championship at their premises in Olympia. Food and drinks on sale.
Saturday 3 August
• 18:00 Heal our land concert with Manda Gabriel in concert and experience a live DVD recording featuring award-winning artists Zaza Moketi and Dumi, at the Zoo Park in Windhoek. Tickets: N$100 to N$250 via Computicket.
• 19:00 The first Miss Plus Size competition takes place at the Kovambo Hall, inside the Khomas Regional Council.
Tickets: From N$300 via Webtickets.