11 August 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Stars & Ashes, a collection of art by Urte Remmert, can be viewed at The Project Room until 17 August.
• Ovizire Somgu: From Where Do We Speak? - an exhibition of artwork focusing on the complexities of German-Namibian entangled histories can be viewed at the National Art Gallery until 24 August.
Wednesday 14 August
• 16:00 “ATKV-tienertoneel” festival at Windhoek Gymnasium until Friday. Entrance: Free.
Thursday 15 August
• 18:00 The 9th National Ceramics Biennale hosted by the Potters Association of Namibia opens at the National Art Gallery.
Friday 16 August
• 11:00 The annual DHPS Bazaar takes place until 22:00, featuring games, fun, food stalls, various exhibitors and live music by Elemotho, Lize Ehlers and The Phoniker Orchestra. Entrance: N$40.
• 19:00 South African singer Bobby van Jaarsveld and his band perform live in the WHS hall. Tickets: From N$100 via Webtickets.
Saturday 17 August
• 06:30 Old Mutual Victory Race (10 km/21 km) takes place at the Tony Rust track. Info: [email protected]
• 09:00 Charity Shootout hosted by Round Table 34 Windhoek and Action Arena. Get together a team and challenge others for some exciting prizes and fight for your favourite cause! Info: www.action.com.na/action/round-table-charity-shoot-out
• 18:30 South African singer Bobby van Jaarsveld and his band perform at the Pro-Ed Academy Primary School in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$180 via Webtickets.
Monday 19 August
• 19:30 Beat Revolution Dance Crew hosts a dance showcase fundraiser at the Goethe Institute. Additional shows take place on 21 and 23 August. Tickets: N$110 via PayToday.
Saturday 24 August
• 11:00 The annual Kino Namibia Film Festival (KINO3) takes place at the Goethe Institute until Monday.
Friday 30 August
• 16:00 The extreme endure X-Race Namibia takes place at Elisenheim until Saturday 31 August.
• 20:00 Ladies Night with Magic Mike at the Windhoek show grounds. Tickets: N$120 via Webtickets.