09 June 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• The Power of Emotions at the Goethe Centre can be viewed until 11 June before travelling to other towns in Namibia.
• Namibian Identity Through Textiles, a solo exhibition by local visual artist Lynette Diergaardt can be viewed at the National Art Gallery until 6 July.
• The Swakopmund Arts Association hosts the exhibition Nature at its best at the Woermannhaus Gallery until 20 July. Opening times: Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 17:00, and from 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
Sunday 9 June
• 11:30 Garnish Swakopmund celebrates its fourth birthday with an Indian buffet lunch.
• 18:00 The Christophorus-Kantorel Altenstelg choir from Germany performs along with the College of the Arts Youth Choir at the Pioneerspark Dutch Reformed Church. Tickets: N$60 at the doors.
Monday 10 June
• 08:00 The multi-media exhibition Future Pasts continues at the COSDEF Arts and Crafts Centre.
Thursday 13 June
• 17:30 DancN Heels presents Afro Pop and Kwasa with Hillary Shimi at the Warehouse Theatre. If you want an energetic and vibrant experience through dance, this is not one to miss!
Friday 14 June
• 07:00 Charity Golf For Farmers in Need hosted by the Windhoek Golf and Country Club.
• 19:00 Animals by Night, hosted by the SPCA at the FNCC, featuring talented Namibian artists in an 'Art Slam' along with music and a silent auction, food stalls for the hungry and a cash bar. Tickets: N$200 0 N$250 via Webtickets.
Saturday 15 June
• 07:30 The Okahandja Running Club hosts a friendship run (21 km, 10 km and 5 km), starting and ending at the Okahandja mall. Participation costs N$50.
• 12:00 Len and Joharetha perform at the Yacht Club in Walvis Bay.
Thursday 20 June
• 19:00 Anna & Christelle, a play following the lives of two women as they enter into a complex relationship with Hazel Hinda & Mel Mwevi and directed by Ashwyn Mberi, takes place at the NTN Backstage, with other performances on 21 and 22 June. Tickets: N$50 Computicket.
• 19:00 Treasures of the Sperregebiet, a presentation by Silke Rügheimer takes place at the National Botanic Research Institute (Orban Street). Info: Ellen Gudde at 081 248 7362.
Saturday 22 June
• 18:30 Miss Plus Size Namibia at the Kovambo hall of the Khomas regional council. Tickets: N$300 via Webtickets.
Sunday 23 June
• 07:00 Nedbank City Dash starting at the Zoo Park in Windhoek. Tickets via Today.com.na