03 December 2018 | Art and Entertainment
• The UNAM Visual Arts department hosts their annual exhibition at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 19 January.
Sunday 2 December
• 09:00 The Consulate of the Netherlands in Namibia invites everyone to meet Sinterklaas at iFun Family Entertainment until 12:30.
Info: [email protected]
• 10:00 My String Theory, an exhibition of paintings by Daniela Magg can be viewed at El Barrio Tapas Bar and Restaurant (16 Liliencron Street) until 12 December.
• 15:00 Paint a bag at Cramer's Ice Cream while listening to The Ells in an afternoon of networking and painting for both non-artists and artist.
Participation: N$280 for adults and N$250 for kids, which includes a backpack, paint, brushes and two free scoops of ice cream.
Tuesday 4 December
• 15:00 Showcase Namibia is an opportunity for tourists and locals to interact and be entertained by cultural performances including song and dance, designed to showcase our country's rich and diverse cultural heritage.
The event takes place at the Warehouse Theatre until 16:00. Tickets: N$170.
Thursday 6 December
• 19:30 Township Productions hosts session 6 of the bi-monthly Poetry Session Project at the Goethe Institute.
• 20:00 Tapz launches his long-awaited album at the Warehouse Theatre. Advance tickets cost N$80 via Today.com.na
Friday 7 December
• 15:00 The Insimbi Desert Dash starts off in Windhoek, and ends 24 hours later in Swakopmund.
• 19:00 The Taste Academy hosts a reading by author of Hekelwoorde van my hart, Tania Smit, along with delicious goodies to eat and drink on sale.
While entry is free, bookings are essential. Contact 081 295 3705 to reserve your spot.
Saturday 8 December
• 09:00 Looking for something to do or just get out of town?
Then bring the kids, dogs and mother in-law to the Tannery Market & Breakfast Run at Elisenheim. Info: [email protected]
• 09:30 Pupkewitz MegaBuild's horticulturist Eugene le Roux, hosts a talk on using items in your garden for Christmas decorations at the Lifestyle Centre until 12:00.
• 12:00 The second Windhoek Pop Up Festival takes place at the Dros / United Sports Fields until late. Tickets: N$40 or N$100 for VIP tickets, via PayToday.
• 18:00 Battle of the Nations dance competition at the Zoo Park Amphitheatre. Tickets: N$30 to N$50 via Computicket
• 19:00 The launch of the Big Brothers, Big Sisters sustainable development initiative takes place at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets cost N$1000 via Webtickets.