21 January 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Art Come Together, an exhibition of the results from art workshops in the Khomas, Kavango East, Oshana and Hardap regions at the National Art Gallery until 2 February.
• Of the greatness of life, an exhibition by Dr Helmut Lauschke can be viewed in the Upper Gallery of the NAGN until 16 February.
Tuesday 22 January
• 17:30 A public meeting for information and concerns about the proposed establishment of the African millimetre telescope on the Gamsberg Plateau takes place at the Scientific Society. Info: John Pallett at [email protected] or Sheldon Husselmann at [email protected]
Wednesday 23 January
• 18:00 Drumming circle at Joe's Beerhouse. Entrance is free, but donations are welcome and a participation fee of N$50 per adult and N$20 for kids is asked.
Friday 25 January
• 16:00 Come and enjoy the Friday market for an afternoon of delight or an early dinner, at the Windhoek City Market at Eagle's Beer Garden until 21:00. The market hosts a variety of food and décor stalls.
• 21:00 Indie-folk singer and songwriter Shotgun Tori performs live at the Boiler Room at the Warehouse Theatre.
Saturday 26 January
• 06:00 Sunrise fun run /walk / hike @ Farm Windhoek in Kleine Kuppe.
• 13:00 Havoc 2019, hosted by Coded MCC, takes place at the Beer Barrel. Pre-entry until 13 January costs N$120, or N$140 at the gate. More Information to follow.
Saturday 26 January
• 17:00 Seth Enos presents A moment with God worship evening at the Katutura Community Art Centre. Entrance is free, but space is limited to 50 pax. Info: 081 817 2494.
Saturday 2 February
• 07:00 Windhoek Draught DTS Volleyball for All at the DTS grounds in Windhoek.
• 09:00 Market at the Garden Inn 13 (13 Bismarck Street), featuring food, a cocktail bar and much more. Entrance is free.
Thursday 7 February
• 19:00 South African piano maestro Rocco de Villiers performs at the Lemon Tree Restaurant.
Friday 8 February
• 07:30 Vegetable seedlings production training at YWAM until 15:00. Info: 085 694 0055 or 081 836 6748.
Thursday 14 February
• 19:30 Poetry Project Session 1 hosted by Township Productions takes place at the Goethe Institute.
Friday 15 February
• 18:30 The Namibian National Symphony Orchestra hosts a Valentine's concert at the Dutch Reformed church in the city centre.
• 19:00 Genuine, a one-man show by presented by Jonathan from Radio Raps, takes place at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$160 via Webtickets. Cash bar available.