10 March 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Reflection in form, a collection of artworks created by Elna Venter and her daughter Comine Bruwer, takes place at the Omba Gallery in Windhoek and can be viewed until 29 March.
Monday 11 March
• 19:00 As part of the German weeks, the Ministry of Environment and KfW Development, host a public talk on the Treasures of the Tsau//Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park at the Scientific Society.
Wednesday 13 March
• 20:00 After a break of almost two years, Penilane performs at the Warehouse Theatre's Boiler Room for one night only. Entrance is free.
Friday 15 March
• 09:00 World Speech Day takes place at the Aviary Coffee Shop, Platz Am Meer in Swakopmund. Anyone who wants to speak or has something worth sharing (and can do it in 5 minutes), can contact [email protected] to apply. Participation is free.
Saturday 16 March
• 07:00 Bank Windhoek Corporate Relay at the Doc Jubber hockey fields.
• 08:00 The Shed goes sky high this month. Expect lots of special goodies, free entrance, generous seating and secure parking. Continues on Sunday from 09:00 to 15:00.
• 09:00 The Hochland Dog Club in Frank Fredericks Street, Olympia, hosts its first open day for the year.
• 09:00 Golf for Paws hosted by the SPCA at the Rossmund golf course. All proceeds are for the care of animals and maintenance. Enter a team, sponsor a hole or both!
• 11:00 St Patrick's Day celebrated at The Dome in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$30 at the doors. Fun for the whole family, with live music, games and Irish dishes.
• 19:00 German musicians Clemens Kröger (piano) and Daniel Sorour (cello) perform at the DHPS.
Tuesday 19 March
• 18:30 The College of the Arts presents A Report for an Academy at the Theatre School in the capital. Starring Adriano Visagie, a second show takes place on Wednesday 20 March. Tickets: N$80.
Thursday 21 March
• 16:00 The What If Media House hosts their second event for the year titled the "Independence Sessions". Enjoy a fashion show with local designs celebrating Namibian culture, performances by upcoming & establish artists, kapana & sosaties at night by LadyLions, various DJs, pop-up shots and more – all at Cramers in Windhoek.