12 May 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Steps, a Pamwe Group exhibition, can be viewed at Die Muschel in Swakopmund until 19 May.
• Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue at the Woermannhaus Gallery in Swakopmund until 31 May.
• Metaphor, the latest solo exhibition by Namibian visual artist, Alfeus Mvula, can be viewed at the National Art Gallery in Windhoek until 22 June.
Wednesday 15 May
• 08:00 Buffet Breakfast with Kobus Wiese at Dulcé Café Mega Centre. Tickets: N$150.
Friday 17 May
• 15:00 Ultra24 short course MTB event at the Doc Jubber hockey fields in Windhoek. Pitting teams of two, four, and six against each other to rack up the maximum amount of Laps in the allotted 24-hour time cap. Teams are allowed to swop out between riders as often as they like.
• 18:30 Moonlight eclipse run at Farm Windhoek. Info: [email protected]
• 18:00 Join the Buy-A-Brick glow in the dark run and help bring light to the lives of low-income shack communities who require warm, brick homes. Events take place in Windhoek, Oshakati and Walvis Bay. Info: [email protected]
• 20:00 South African musician Jennifer Zamudio and Namibia's Cee-Jay perform at Desert Tavern. Tickets: N$100 at 064 404 204.
Saturday 18 May
• 09:00 The Potters' Association of Namibia host a RAKU fun day. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
• 10:00 Walvis Bay SPCA and Flamingo Villas host a fun day with stalls, fun for the kids, a potjiekos competition, face painting and other fun activities for the entire family. Info: [email protected]
• 11:00 Buster & Bella concert along with a potjiekos competition and fun day at the Reformed church Pioneerspark. Tickets: N$120 via Webtickets, or N$140 at the doors.
• 13:30 Kudus take on Rehoboth in a Premier League match at the Narraville stadium in Walvis Bay.
• 13:30 Dolphins play SFC Vikings in a First Division West match at the Vineta North Sports Field in Swakopmund.
• 18:00 A night of inspiration in the National Theatre is an evening motivational talks featuring local and international leaders. The aim is to inspire people to be unlimited and reach their full potential in life. Tickets: N$350 via Computicket.
• 18:00 The finals for the Standard Bank Top 8 Cup between Tigers and African Stars takes place at the Sam Nujoma stadium. Tickets: N$30 – N$50 via Webtickets.