27 January 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Art Come Together, an exhibition of the results from art workshops in the Khomas, Kavango East, Oshana and Hardap regions at the National Art Gallery until 2 February.
• Of the greatness of life, an exhibition by Dr Helmut Lauschke can be viewed in the Upper Gallery of the NAGN until 16 February.
Tuesday 29 January
• 19:30 Alfred Schleicher hosts a public talk in English titled Safari in East Africa – then and now at the Scientific Society.
Thursday 31 January
• 18:00 The monthly Simonis Storm City Run (5km & 2.5km run/walk) takes place from the company's premises in and around Koch Street.
Friday 1 February
• 19:00 The first Night Under the Stars event for the year at the Goethe Institute, kicks off with a solo performance by Ashwyn Mberi, who is known for his captivating energy projected through his lyric abilities. Tickets: N$20 at the doors.
Saturday 2 February
• 07:00 Windhoek Draught DTS Volleyball for All at the DTS grounds in Windhoek.
• 08:00 The monthly Windhoek Boeremark/Farmers Market resumes at the Windhoek show grounds with delicious fresh produce, meat, handmade products and fun for the kids. Entrance: N$5 for adults, kids and pensioners free.
• 09:00 Market at the Garden Inn 13 (13 Bismarck Street), featuring food, a cocktail bar and much more. Entrance is free.
Thursday 7 February
• 19:00 South African piano maestro Rocco de Villiers performs at the Lemon Tree Restaurant.
Friday 8 February
• 07:30 Vegetable seedlings production training at YWAM until 15:00. Info: 085 694 0055 or 081 836 6748.
Saturday 9 February
• 15:00 Reggae legends birthday bash at the Old Location restaurant in Windhoek-West.
• 19:30 Witness the first live elimination show in the Voice of Namibia competition at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets cost N$250 (includes snacks), available from 081 333 5647 or 081 270 0836. A cash bar will be available.
Monday 11 February
• 19:30 The Namibia Scientific Society and Gobabeb Research & Training Centre host a public talk by Robert Logan on Tiny creatures, big jobs: the important and awesome role of microbes in the Namib Desert.
Wednesday 13 February
• 19:30 The Namibia Scientific Society and Wildbird Trust, presented by Götz Neef from the Okavango Wilderness Project, host a National Geographic documentary called Into the Okavango in the National Theatre.
Thursday 14 February
• 19:30 Poetry Project Session 1 hosted by Township Productions takes place at the Goethe Institute.
Friday 15 February
• 18:30 The Namibian National Symphony Orchestra hosts a Valentine's concert at the Dutch Reformed church in the city centre.
• 19:00 Genuine, a one-man show by presented by Jonathan from Radio Raps, takes place at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$160 via Webtickets. Cash bar available.
Tuesday 19 February
• 19:30 Peter Bridgeford hosts a public presentation for the launching of his book Conservation Pioneers in Namibia and Stories by Game Rangers at the Scientific Society.
Saturday 23 February
• 06:00 FNB Captain's Run & Walk, with N$5000 up for grabs. Entry: N$100. Info: Charles at 081 124 9471 or [email protected]
• 07:00 Mixed Grand Slam 2019 at the DTS Beach Arena. Info: [email protected]
Tuesday 26 February
• 19:30 The Journey of the Hacker: public talk by Andrew Fordred: Browsers, email, username and passwords, takes place at the Scientific Society.