19 May 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue at the Woermannhaus Gallery in Swakopmund until 31 May.
• Mythakes and other attempts, a collection of art by Michael Mansfield, can be viewed at The Project Room (32 Jenner Street, Windhoek), until 1 June. Opening times: Tuesday to Friday from 09:00 to 13:00, and Saturdays from 10:00 to 13:00.
Monday 20 May
• 09:00 Education fair at the Wernhil shopping centre until Wednesday.
Tuesday 21 May
• 19:30 What about our water? How water secure are we? – a talk hosted by Namibia Scientific Society by the Water Stakeholder Forum.
Thursday 23 May
• 11:00 The 2019 Skeleton Coast Rally takes place in Swakopmund, with live music, lucky draws, food stalls as well as beard and tattoo contests. Info: www.hognamibia.com.na/skeletoncoast/
• 19:30 The Scientific Society hosts a talk on bird flu.
Friday 24 May
• 08:00 The Region 5 Karate Championships take place at the Dome's Indoor Sports Centre in Swakopmund.
• 19:00 Friday Night Cars at Sunset at the Pupkewitz Mega Centre. Join in for a night of Namibia's finest rides combined with good music.
• 19:00 Metal Conquest Namibia Chapter 1 featuring six metal bands, include headliners Woltemade from SA, at the Warehouse Theatre. Tickets: N$80 in advance via Webtickets.
Saturday 25 May
• 08:00 Second-hand book market at Book Buddy (Liliencron Street) in Windhoek until 16:00. Info: 061 302 711 / [email protected]
• 18:30 Rendezvous hosts the Coastal Poetry Night in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$40 or N$20 for performers and students. Info: 081 653 2626.
Sunday 26 May
• 07:00 RFS winter classic beach volleyball at DTS in Windhoek.
Monday 27 May
• 08:00 Show your support for Multiple Sclerosis by wearing orange. Main event takes place at FNB Parkside in Windhoek. Info: www.msnamibia.org
Tuesday 28 May
• 19:30 The Namibisch-Deutsche Stiftung (NaDS) in cooperation with Namibia Scientific Society host a German talk by Shapumba ya Shapumba about his life and experience in two worlds – Germany and Namibia.
Friday 31 May
• 10:00 Kasi Vibe festival vol 6 at The Garden Inn until Sunday 2 June.
• 10:00 Pancakes and champagne fundraiser for drought relief in Namibia at De Kayak in Olympia. Tickets: N$500 (includes brunch) and performances by Aleit Swanepoel, singer Andriette Norman, magician Johan Yssel and social media starlet, Marelize Horn.