03 February 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• Of the greatness of life, an exhibition by Dr Helmut Lauschke can be viewed in the Upper Gallery of the NAGN until 16 February.
Wednesday 6 February
• 18:30 For All Else There is Information – The Journey of the Hacker a public talk hosted by andrew Fordred at the Scientific Society in Windhoek
Thursday 7 February
• 19:00 South African piano maestro Rocco de Villiers performs at the Lemon Tree Restaurant in the capital.
• 20:00 Free Your Mind presents Love, Land and the Police at the Warehouse Theatre. Tickets: N$100 via Today.com.na or N$150 at the doors.
Friday 8 February
• 07:30 Vegetable seedlings production training at YWAM until 15:00. Info: 085 694 0055 or 081 836 6748.
• 20:00 Local artists pay tribute to Oliver ‘Tuku’ Mtukudzi at the Warehouse Theatre. Entrance is free. Info: 081 238 0881.
Saturday 9 February
• 06:00 The annual Rössing Marathon starts at Pro-Ed Academy sports grounds, with N$100 000 in prizes up for grabs. Info: Frank at 081 240 3383 or [email protected] or Botha at 081 286 0456 or [email protected]
• 15:00 Reggae legends birthday bash at the Old Location restaurant in Windhoek-West.
• 19:00 The Salsa Windhoek Social Club hosts 2019's first street salsa party at Cramer's Ice-Cream where the music will be loud, the dances endless, and the ice-cream cold and refreshing. Entrance: Free.
• 19:30 Witness the first live elimination show in the Voice of Namibia competition at the Windhoek Country Club. Saturday 9 February. Tickets cost N$250 (includes snacks), available from 081 3335647 or 081 270 0836. A cash bar will be available.
Monday 11 February
• 17:30 The Namibia Scientific Society and Gobabeb Research & Training Centre host a public talk by Robert Logan on Tiny creatures, big jobs: the important and awesome role of microbes in the Namib Desert.
Wednesday 13 February
• 19:30 The Namibia Scientific Society and Wildbird Trust, presented by Götz Neef from the Okavango Wilderness Project, present a National Geographic documentary in the National Theatre Namibia called Into the Okavango.
Thursday 14 February
• 19:30 Poetry Project Session 1 hosted by Township Productions takes place at the Goethe Institute.
• 19:30 Women's specific gender-based violence talk at the Dutch Reformed Church in Pionierspark, hosted by TrueKrav Namibia. Info: [email protected] or 081 395 3818.
Friday 15 February
• 18:30 The Namibian National Symphony Orchestra hosts a Valentine’s concert at the Dutch Reformed church in the city centre.
• 19:00 Genuine, a one-man show by presented by Jonathan from Radio Raps, takes place at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$160 via Webtickets. Cash bar available.