03 March 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• New beginnings, a collection of artworks by the graduates of the College of the Arts, takes place at the National Art Gallery until 9 March.
• Shy Wild, an exhibition by Anne Lacheiner-Kuhn can be viewed at The Project Room (32 Jenner Street, Windhoek) until 9 March.
Sunday 3 March
• 09:00 Flea market at the Hochland Dog Club in Olympia until 12:00. If you have kid's games, please book your stall; if you have decluttered, this is your chance to sell unwanted goods; or if you want to promote a business – everything is allowed except livestock, food and drinks. Info: [email protected] or 081 128 2150.
Monday 4 March
• 09:00 Professional dancer, student of William Forsythe and dancer of the Dance On Ensemble – Christopher Roman – hosts a masterclass for advanced and intermediate dancers at the College of the Arts until Friday, 8 March.
Tuesday 5 March
• 18:00 Reflection in form, a collection of artworks created by Elna Venter and her daughter Comine Bruwer, opens at the Omba Gallery in Windhoek and can be viewed until 29 March.
Wednesday 6 March
• 18:00 Song Night auditions at the Warehouse Theatre. Come prepared with something authentically African/Namibian/International with an African Flair!
• 20:00 Dancers Christopher Roman and Brit Rodemund perform choreographer William Forsyth's duet “Catalogue” (First Edition) at the Warehouse Theatre. Advance tickets cost N$60 via Events Today or N$80 at the doors.
Thursday 7 March
• 18:30 LRON Tech Talk on lithium batteries for mobile applications by Erik Lund and Heinrich Bader at the Old Wheelers Club. Info: J C Kruger on 081 122 0222.
Friday 8 March
• 20:00 Sean K performs at the Warehouse Theatre with his latest hits. Advance tickets N$150 via Today.com.na or N$200 at the doors.
Saturday 9 March
• 08:00 The annual Windhoek Rock 'n Run family fun day takes place at and around the SKW, with a 5 km and 10 km fun run, featuring performances by Roan Ash and Snotkop and entertainment for the kids. Tickets: From N$50 via Webtickets.
• 11:00 Join the Family Express for a train trip to Okapuka, with music by Savannah Collins, beer and a braai buffet upon arrival. After lunch and great fun, the train returns to Windhoek. Tickets: N$300 for adults and N$100 for kids via Today.com.na or PayToday.