17 February 2019 | Art and Entertainment
• New beginnings, a collection of artworks by the graduates of the College of the Arts, takes place at the National Art Gallery until 9 March.
• A photographic exhibition produced by visually impaired persons during walks through the cities they reside in: Vienna (Austria), Caracas (Venezuela) and Windhoek (Namibia), at the Goethe Institute, can be viewed until 28 February.
Sunday 17 February
• 11:00 Morning concert with the Youth Orchestra of Namibia and the Teachers Quartet at the Dutch Reformed Church in Eros.
Tuesday 19 February
• 19:30 Peter Bridgeford hosts a public presentation for the launching of a book Conservation Pioneers in Namibia and Stories by Game Rangers at the Scientific Society.
Friday 22 February
• 18:00 Opening of Shy Wild, an exhibition by Anne Lacheiner-Kuhn at The Project Room (32 Jenner Street, Windhoek). View until 9 March.
Saturday 23 February
• 06:00 FNB Captain's Run & Walk, with N$5000 up for grabs. Entry: N$100. Info: Charles at 081 124 9471 or [email protected]
• 06:00 The Namibian Society of Engineers hosts a fun run and walk from the public pool in Olympia. Participation: N$30 for adults and N$10 for children. Info: 081 333 4742 or 081 164 6000.
• 07:00 Mixed Grand Slam 2019 at the DTS Beach Arena. Info: [email protected]
• 08:00 International Talent Showcase Auditions for modelling, singing, acting and dancing at the National Theatre in Windhoek. Info: Elouise on [email protected]
• 10:00 Nedbank Kidz Challenge starting at the Waldorf School in Windhoek. Register by midnight on 22 February via Today.com.na
• 12:00 Join a kapana feast at the Penduka Trust and enjoy a lovely lazy Saturday near the water in good company. Entrance is free.
Sunday 24 February
• 07:00 Nedbank MTB Challenge starts at the Waldorf School in Windhoek. Online entries close at midnight on 19 February via Today.com.na
Tuesday 26 February
• 19:30 The Journey of the Hacker: A public talk by Andrew Fordred on browsers, email, username and passwords, takes place at the
Delta Secondary School in Windhoek.
Wednesday 27 February
• 18:30 SPCA Windhoek Quiz Night at the Old Wheelers Club. The evening includes lots of fun and laughter, snacks and surprise prizes. Cost: N$1 000 per team of 4. Info: [email protected] or swing by the SPCA to sign-up.
• 19:00 The Dark Web, what is it? A presentation by Andrew Fordred and hosted by the Scientific Society, at the Delta Primary school hall.
Thursday 28 February
18:00 Multiple Sclerosis Namibia in collaboration with Cancer Association and the Holding Hands initiative host the first ever Rare Disease Medical Seminar to join forces, share information, make connections, and raise awareness at the Safari Hotel. Tickets: N$500 via Webtickets.