Prosperity Brokers win
17 December 2018 | Education
They earned a return of 6.28% on their investment portfolio for the duration of the competition, which ran from 1 June to 16 November 2018. This was the 17th year the competition took place, in which learners trade on the Namibian Stock Exchange with virtual shares. It aims to promote awareness amongst scholars and the public on the role and operations of the Namibia Stock Exchange whilst aiming to encourage broad based participation by the public.
This year 40 teams from the Unam, NUST, IUM and Welwitchia participated.
1. Prosperity Brokers won N$25 000 thanks to their return of 6.28% with IJG Securities
2. Unam 4s (N$20 000) for a return of 2.99% with the Capricorn Group
3. Leviticus from Unam (N$15 000) for their return of 2.45% with Letshego
4. NSX Bulls from NUST (N$10 000) for their return of 0.75% with FirstRand Namibia
5. The Unam Gladiatoris (N$5 000) for their return of 0.48% with FirstRand Namibia.