Top drivers rewarded
03 February 2019 | Sports
According to WMC chairperson Richard Slamet, 2019 promises to be a great year after all their hard work during the past season. “WMC turned 60 years old last year and we also hosted a Namibia vs Angola event for the first time, where the seed was planted for future events.”
At the same event, NMSF president Daniel Tjongarero said that 2018 had been a challenging year for motorsport, but “despite this, we had a great year. We managed to raise funds while we also saw an improved number of spectators attending our events. Credit should also be given to athletes who gave it their all while competing.”
WMC and NMSF awards went to:
• Class A: Christian Liebenberg and Allan Martin.
• Class B: Michel Rust, Zachary Martin and Michael van Zyl.
• Class C: Michael van Zyl, Michael Strydom and Jaco Nel.
• Class D: Matthew Strydom, Clive Strydom and Gareth Fourie.
• Class E: Nickey Claassens, Matthew Strydom and Janna Smit.
• Marshal of the Year: Daniella Beukes.
• President’s Cup: Richard Slamet Jnr.
• Maxterino: Guido Bidoli, Lo-Andre Bruwer and Jadyn van Zyl.
• Junior max: Christiaan Liebenberg Jnr.
• Senior max: Ivan Vorster, Sean de Klerk and Jorg Goldbeck.
• Dirt ovals (4 cylinder / 8 valves): Frank Borruso, Zachary Martin and Michael Behnke.
• Dirt ovals (4 cylinder / 16 valves): Allan Martin, Shaeen Emamdien and Dyllan Roodt.
• Dirt ovals (6 & 8 cylinders): Richard Owen, Robbie Schneider and Tian Lourens.
• Quads 350 – 450cc: Brandon Botelho, Jos Diekman and Michael Behnke.
• 4BF: Frank de Rebeira, Roberto Bertolini and Matthew Strydom.
• Drags 4BR: Deon Diergaardt and Verno Knowles.
• Drags 8BR: Terence Knowles
• Drags bandit overall: McAllen Husselmann – Nampa and own report