Chill with Windhoek Express
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
WIKA 22 - Wer lacht, lebt!
• 7 April: Prinzenball / Royal Ball
• 8 April: International Evening
• 9 April at 11:00 Street Procession in Independence Avenue
• 9 April: Frühschoppen
• 9 April: Juka / Youth carnival
• 10 April: KiKaWi / Kids carnival
• 10 April: Kehraus / afterparty
All events take place at the SKW, unless otherwise noted.
Tickets will be available at Maerau SuperSpar in due course.
Friday 8 April
• 06:30 Secret Sunrise Namibia gathers at the Lemon Tree Cafe (formerly Vintage) in Luther Street. Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na. Other events on 30 April and 2 May, also at 06:30.
• 07:00 The Namibia XC1 & UCI Junior Series, hosted by Nedbank and the Namibian Cycling Federation, takes place at the IJG Trials (Farm Windhoek) until tomorrow. Register via Raceday Events.
• 18:00 Canadian alt-pop duo Neon Dreams perform at the Brewers Market in Windhoek, with a second performance on 9 April at Soundgarden in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$290 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 Nianell performs at Droombos on the outskirts of Windhoek. No food or drinks from outside; a cash bar is available. Platters can be ordered in advance. Tickets: From N$270 via Quicket.co.za
• 18:00 Get the Cape Town Experience with the N2 jazz band at the Warehouse Theatre. Tickets: N$250 via Webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 Opening of Anne Lacheiner Kuhn's exhibition, Re-queering a nation at The Project Room (32 Jenner Street, Windhoek). View until 23 April. Opening times are Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 to 13:00.
Saturday 9 April
• 07:00 The CoW hosts their bi-monthly fun ride and cycling training for beginners at the Katutura Multi-Purpose Youth Centre. Info: Horst at 081 272 3413 or Hilda at 085 333 4742.
• 07:30 Karate hosted by Shotokan Karate Swakopmund at The Dome.
• 08:00 The Botanic Society hosts a guided walk in Windhoek's botanic garden. Entrance is N$20 (free for members and children under 16). Books, refreshments and other items will be on sale.
• 09:00 Auas Valley market day, with a wine tasting, live entertainment by Jacob & Taylor, a kiddies’ corner and much more. Entrance: N$10 and free for kids under 12.
• 18:00 Heart2Heart (Alinda Lu'Mar and Claudine Nelson) host a cocktail evening with dinner at the Windhoek Golf Club. Tickets: N$450 (including dinner). Info and bookings: 081 333 5647.
• 18:00 Get the Cape Town Experience with the N2 jazz band at The Dome in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$250 via Webtickets.com.na
Sunday 10 April
• 18:00 Get the Cape Town Experience with the N2 jazz band at Independent Lounge in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$250 via Webtickets.com.na
Saturday 16 April
• 07:30 The West Coast MTB challenge takes place in Swakopmund. Register via Raceday Events.
• 16:00 Night market at the Swakopmund Entertainment Centre. Info and bookings: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
Sunday 17 April
• 12:00 The Ell's perform at Godenfang in Walvis Bay. Entrance is free, but bookings are essential.
Thursday 21 April
• 09:00 The Doek Literary Festival takes place at Goethe Institute in Windhoek until 23 April. Participation is free. Info: 061 225 700 or [email protected]
• 18:00 The Botanic Society hosts its AGM, followed by an illustrated presentation by Dr Sonja Loots on her research project on lithops. Info: [email protected]
Friday 22 April
• 19:00 South African singers Wynand and Cheree perform at the Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool in support of Huis Maerua children's home. Tickets: N$75 - N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 23 April
• 12:00 A Battle of Sound takes place in Okahandja. Tickets for spectators cost N$100 and N$200 for participants, available via webticket.com.na
• 19:00 Goani night fun run (5 & 12km; entry N$100) & cycling (30, 40 & 60km; entry N$150) at the Goanikontes Oasis. Info: 064 405 979 or [email protected]
Friday 29 April
• 19:00 South African singers Wynand and Cheree perform at the Pro-Ed Akademie in Swakopmund in support of Huis Maerua children's home. Tickets: N$75 - N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 30 April
• Racing the Planet hosts the Namib Race until 7 May. Info: https://www.racingtheplanet.com/namibrace
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 4 June, 2 July, 30 July, 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 12:00 South African singer Zahara hosts her Africa Encounter concert at the Doc Jubber Fields in Windhoek. General tickets cost N$200 and N$380 for golden circle, available via Webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 The biggest Old School party with SA's Groovemaster DJ Jazzy D from Jacaranda FM performs at XS Lounge in Windhoek. Tickets: Starting at N$150 via Quicket.co.za
Thursday 5 May
• The Skeleton Coast rally kicks off at the Swakopmund Football Club, with loads of events, including a Thunder Parade on Friday 6 May at 10:30 from Swakopmund to Walvis Bay. The event continues until Saturday at 19:00 when the prizegiving takes place. Info and registrations: https://www.skeletoncoastrally.com/
Friday 6 May
• 16:00 The Namibian Beer Festival featuring at least 18 different local beers on tap, takes place at the Windhoek show grounds until the 7th. Six live bands will be performing, quality food stalls will be on hand, there will be a live brewing show and much more. More info to follow.