Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• The exhibition Everyday Life can be viewed at the National Art Gallery in Windhoek until 4 June.
• Michael Mansfield’s new exhibition of oil and watercolours, Still Life Stories, at the Project Room (32 Jenner Street) until 21 May. View from Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 to 13:00.
Thursday 12 May
• 18:30 The GlenWood Wine & Sushi Experience takes place at Daisho Sushi & Wine Bar. Meet winemaker DP Burger and learn more about this boutique range. Bookings essential at 061 304 710.
12 & 13 May
• 19:00 South African pianist Rocco de Villiers performs at Godenfang in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$300 per person, which includes a welcome drink and light snacks. Tickets & info: 081 719 8981.
Saturday 14 May
• 07:00 The annual Bank Windhoek relay takes place at the Action Arena in Windhoek and concludes tomorrow (15 May). Participation: N$620 per team. All proceeds go towards hunger prevention initiatives in Namibia. Info: [email protected]
• 08:00 Voice of Hope cancer support and patient advocacy workshop at the Safari Hotel, with speakers Afra Schimming-Chase, Magreth Mengo, Angelique Kotzee, Sharlene Bergh, Monique Cloete, Cathy Scheepers, Lauren Pretorius and Rolf Hansen. Tickets: N$150 from 061 237 740 or [email protected]
• 08:00 Finkenstein Bush Market, featuring a variety of products on sale until 13:00. Info: [email protected] . The Trail Run (4 & 8km), sponsored by Clausthaler, starts at 08:30 (registration at 07:30). Info: [email protected]
• 08:30 The Botanical Society hosts a guided walk in Windhoek's botanical gardens (8 Orban Street) until 10:45. Entrance is free for members and N$20 for non-members.
• 09:00 The Shed (30km out of Windhoek towards the airport) is back in full swing, with loads of homemade goodies, food, free entrance, generous seating and secure parking. The fun continues on Sunday from 09:00 to 15:00. Info: [email protected]
• 18:00 In this month's edition of Virtually Yours, host Zukiswa Wanner chats to Angolan author Yara Nakahanda Monteiro about her book, Loose Ties. The session takes place online and participation is free.
• 19:00 South African pianist Rocco de Villiers performs at the Lemon Tree restaurant in Windhoek. Tickets: N$200 at the doors.
• 19:00 Moon Goddess Dance Studio presents Shimmy for Shelter with Zelda from Evolve Fire and Entertainment at El Barrio in Windhoek. All door proceeds go towards animal welfare. Bookings: 081 771 7758.
Tuesday 17 May
• 19:00 In this month's edition of Cinemaverse at the Goethe Institute in Windhoek, Nthato Mokgata and Carla Fonseca's movie Burkinabe (with English subtitles) is screened. Entrance is free.
Friday 20 May
• 16:00 South Africa’s Adam Tas performs with Namibia’s Vaughn Ahrens at WHS Vegkop in support of the African Child Development Trust. Advance tickets cost N$200 via eticket.my.na or N$250 at the gates. Visit www.acdtrust.com for more information.
• A Glow in the Dark run or fun walk (5km or 10km) takes place in Windhoek, Walvis Bay and Oshakati. Entry: N$150 for adults and N$100 for kids (5-12 years). all proceeds go towards the Buy-A-Brick initiative. Info: www.otbsport.com to register. Registration closes on 13 May.
Saturday 21 May
• 12:00 Bond and connect with Jameson at the Windhoek show grounds. Tickets: N$300 for general admission and N$1000 for Barrel Lounge VIP tickets via webtickets.com.na
• 16:00 South Africa’s Adam Tas performs with Namibia’s Riaan Smit at WHS Vegkop in support of the African Child Development Trust. Advance tickets cost N$200 via eticket.my.na or N$250 at the gates. Visit www.acdtrust.com for more information.
26 & 27 May
• 12:00 Annual Nama Cultural Festival takes place at the Westdene Stadium in Keetmanshoop. Tickets: N$20 via webtickets.com.na
27 & 28 May
• Erongo Got Talent finals at Coastal High school hall in Swakopmund, featuring singing, dancing and drama / acting for primary and high school learners (grade 5 - 12). Audition clips are to be submitted to 081 449 7988 by 30 April. Info: [email protected]
27 o 29 May
• 17:00 The Spitzkoppe Mountain Tented Camp hosts the Between a Rock and a Hard Place Festival headlined by DJ Patrik Berg from Cologne, Germany, supported by three other international DJs: Dylan Munro and the Coyote duo from Cape Town, and Noazem from Cologne, Germany. Tickets sales are live via www.barhpnam.com .
Saturday 28 May
• 08:00 A car boot sale (no clothes!) takes place at Joe's Beerhouse in Windhoek until 11:00. Info: [email protected]
• 10:00 An all-day market and Chili Fest takes place at Tiger Reef in Swakopmund until 20:00. Info: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
Friday 3 June
• 19:00 Join the wine and meat festival at Wanderers in Windhoek in support of the National Drought Relief Programme. Events continue on Saturday from 09:00 t0 21:00 with live entertainment and presentations on how to prepare your favourite meat dishes, along with lots of entertainment for the kids and premier league rugby (Wanderers vs United). Info: 061 242 069 or [email protected]
Saturday 4 June
• 08:00 Standard Bank KH-Xtrail, organised by OTB, takes place at Farm Godeis until 17:00. Tickets: events.otbsports.com
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 2 July, 30 July, 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 12:00 The Battle of the Lows takes place at the Okahandja airstrip, with categories for limbo, static lows, bagged lowes, fixa lows, best poke and pest tuck. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na