Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• The exhibition Everyday Life can be viewed at the National Art Gallery in Windhoek until 4 June.
• Michael Mansfield’s new exhibition of oil and watercolours, Still Life Stories, at the Project Room (32 Jenner Street) until 21 May, from Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 to 13:00.
Friday 20 May
• 16:00 South Africa’s Adam Tas performs with Namibia’s Vaughn Ahrens at WHS Vegkop in support of the African Child Development Trust. Advance tickets cost N$200 via eticket.my.na or N$250 at the gates. Visit www.acdtrust.com for more information.
• A Glow in the Dark run or fun walk (5km or 10km) takes place in Windhoek, Walvis Bay and Oshakati. Entry: N$150 for adults and N$100 for kids (5-12 years). all proceeds go towards the Buy-A-Brick initiative. Info: www.otbsport.com to register. Registration closes on 13 May. Info: 081 142 9966 or [email protected]
Saturday 21 May
• 08:30 An anti-poaching charity cycling race (65 & 35km) takes place in Omaruru. Enter online, at the Omaruru Spar or at Cycles4U in Swakopmund. The N$250 entry feel will be donated to the Omaruru Anti-Poaching Fund.
• 12:00 Bond and connect with Jameson at the Windhoek show grounds. Tickets: N$300 for general admission and N$1000 for Barrel Lounge VIP tickets via webtickets.com.na
• 16:00 South Africa’s Adam Tas performs with Namibia’s Riaan Smit at WHS Vegkop in support of the African Child Development Trust. Advance tickets cost N$200 via eticket.my.na or N$250 at the gates. Visit www.acdtrust.com for more information.
• 16:00 Jack performs with Noodhulp van Mars at Sound Garden in Swakopmund. Tickets: 50 (before 16:00).
Wednesday 25 May
• 14:00 A Night Market takes place on the upper parking at Grove Mall. Bring the family for a day of stalls, live performers and great atmosphere until 22:00.
26 & 27 May
• 12:00 Annual Nama Cultural Festival takes place at the Westdene Stadium in Keetmanshoop. Tickets: N$20 via webtickets.com.na
27 & 28 May
• Erongo Got Talent finals at Coastal High school hall in Swakopmund, featuring singing, dancing and drama / acting for primary and high school learners (grade 5 - 12). Audition clips are to be submitted to 081 449 7988 by 30 April. Info: [email protected]
27 to 29 May
• 17:00 The Spitzkoppe Mountain Tented Camp hosts the Between a Rock and a Hard Place Festival headlined by DJ Patrik Berg from Cologne, Germany, supported by three other international DJs: Dylan Munro and the Coyote duo from Cape Town, and Noazem from Cologne, Germany. Tickets sales are live via www.barhpnam.com .
Saturday 28 May
• 08:00 A car boot sale (no clothes!) takes place at Joe's Beerhouse in Windhoek until 11:00. Info: [email protected]
• 10:00 An all-day market and Chili Fest takes place at Tiger Reef in Swakopmund until 20:00. Info: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
• 11:11 The Küska Narrenwecker heralding the beginning of the carnival in Swakopmund (17 - 25 June), takes place in Sam Nujoma Avenue.
Friday 3 June
• 19:00 Join the wine and meat festival at Wanderers in Windhoek in support of the National Drought Relief Programme. Events continue on Saturday from 09:00 t0 21:00 with live entertainment and presentations on how to prepare your favourite meat dishes, along with lots of entertainment for the kids and premier league rugby (Wanderers vs United). Info: 061 242 069 or [email protected]
• 19:00 In this month's edition of Night Under the Stars, the M-Ghyss jazz quintet perform at the Goethe Institute in Windhoek. Tickets cost N$20 at the doors.
Saturday 4 June
• 08:00 Standard Bank KH-Xtrail, organised by OTB, takes place at Farm Godeis until 17:00. Tickets: events.otbsports.com
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 2 July, 30 July, 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 09:00 There's big rugby on at the Hage Geingob stadium in Windhoek, with Bulletjie Rugby, Women's Rugby, cheerleaders, an Old Boys tribute and a drop kick competition, culminating in the Vodacom Blue Bulls XV playing the Welwitschia XV. Tickets cost N$40, available via webtickets.com.na
• 12:00 The Battle of the Lows takes place at the Okahandja airstrip, with categories for limbo, static lows, bagged lowes, fixa lows, best poke and pest tuck. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Legendary South African blues singer and rock guitarist Albert Frost performs live in Swakopmund at Sound Garden with Riaan Smit opening. Tickets: N$180 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 11 June
• 08:00 SPES charity run (cycling: 30km, 15km & 4km; 5 or 10km run) at IJG Trails in Windhoek. Entry fee: N$40 for children (10 - 18 years), and N$60 for adults. Info: [email protected] or 081 306 6311.
Sunday 12 June
• 12:00 Legendary South African blues singer and rock guitarist Albert Frost performs live in Windhoek at Droombos, with Riaan Smit opening. Tickets: N$180 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 18 June
• 06:00 The Lightning road run takes place at the IJG Trails at Farm Windhoek. Info [email protected]
• Meet South African motivational speaker Cindy Swanepoel at Lemon Tree in Windhoek, when she speaks of thankfulness and new opportunities. Tickets: N$180. Info: 081 288 2886. Cash bar and refreshments will be on sale.
Thursday 30 June
• 16:00 The MTC Wine Extravaganza takes place at the Windhoek Country Club until 21:00, until 2 July. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na