Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• Kudzanai Katerere's stone sculpture exhibition takes place at the Bellhaus Atelier and Galerie (18 Bell Street) until 14 July.
• Narrating Namibia, an exhibition of 13 posters with statements by 13 authors, can be viewed at the Swakopmund Museum until 20 June.
• View the group exhibition Let Every Scale Count at the Namibian Arts Association (122 Robert Mugabe Avenue), exploring the vital role that the arts play in ensuring the future of pangolins, until the end of the month.
Thursday 9 June
• 17:00 Bi-monthly poetry session with Township Productions at the Goethe Institute in Windhoek, themed Collecting the Pieces; Renewing Sparks. Entrance is free. Info: [email protected]
Friday 10 June
• 18:00 Trixie Munyama School of Dance performs at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$90 for adults and N$60 for kids.
• 19:00 Legendary South African blues singer and rock guitarist Albert Frost performs live in Swakopmund at Sound Garden with Riaan Smit opening. Tickets: N$180 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 11 June
• 08:00 SPES charity run (cycling: 30km, 15km & 4km; 5 or 10km run) at IJG Trails in Windhoek. Entry fee: N$40 for children (10 - 18 years), and N$60 for adults. Info: [email protected] or 081 306 6311.
• 08:00 Join the next guided walk in the Botanic Gardens (8 Orban Street, Windhoek), hosted by the Botanical Society. Books, T shirts, cards will be on sale and refreshments will be available. Despite the cold, there is always something of interest to see in the garden. Join our informative guides for the walk and socialize over refreshments afterward. Info: 081 248 7362 or [email protected]
• SA's Albert Frost and Namibia's Riaan Smit perform at the Rostock Ritz. Bookings: 064 694 000 or rostock-ritz-desert-lodge.com
• 19:00 In this month’s edition of Virtually Yours, Edwige Dro leads the online discussion with author Ibrahim El Khalil Diallo, winner of the Ahmed Baba Prize 2021 and finalist for the Kourouma Prize 2021. Participation is free.
Sunday 12 June
• 12:00 Legendary South African blues singer and rock guitarist Albert Frost performs live in Windhoek at Droombos, with Riaan Smit opening. Tickets: N$180 via webtickets.com.na
• 14:00 Rock the bay with The Ell's and Laramon Tours starting from the Walvis Bay harbour. Tickets: N$350 - N$850 via webtickets.com.na
Küska 2022 (Swakopmund)
• 17 June: Prinzenball. Tickets: N$200
• 18 June: Küskika. Tickets: N$50 for adults, N$30 for kids (free if in costume).
• 20 June: Damenabend. Tickets: N$180
• 21 June: International evening 1. Tickets: N$200
• 22 June: International evening 2. Tickets: N$200
• 23 June: Büttenabend 1. Tickets: N$200
• 24 June: Büttenabend 2. Tickets: N$200
• 25 June at 11:11: Strassenumzug, starting at AMH, ending at SFC.
• 25 June at 12:30: Kehraus at SFC. Tickets: N$50 for adults & and N$10 for kids older than 12.
Tickets from Mutts & Mules (081 242 6650). Dinner is available at all events.
Unless otherwise noted, events take place at the Haus der Jugend. Doors open at 19:00 for 20:11.
Tuesday 14 June
• 10:00 An exhibition of Ocean Month highlights can be viewed at the Swakopmund museum daily from 10:00 to 17:00, showcasing work by Ocean Conservation Namibia and the effects of plastic pollution in Namibia and globally, until 12 July.
Friday 17 June
• 10:00 #JusticeForAnimals & CrossFit live charity throwdown at the Hage Geingob stadium, with entertainment by Riaan Smit, Jacob & Taylor and Half Jack, along with fun for the kids and a variety of stalls. Continues on the 17th. Tickets: N$80 to N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 18 June
• 06:00 The Lightning road run takes place at the IJG Trails at Farm Windhoek. Info [email protected]
• 10:00 Meet South African motivational speaker Cindy Swanepoel at Lemon Tree in Windhoek, when she speaks of thankfulness and new opportunities. Tickets: N$180. Info: 081 288 2886. Cash bar and refreshments will be on sale.
• 10:00 Family fun Frühschoppen style at the MTC Dome in Swakopmund, with the tasting of beers, wines and cheese, while kids can prepare their own pizza, along with dancing on deck with Andrea. Tickets: N$60 - N$120 via webtickets.com.na
• 14:00 The first dance workshop hosted by OYO takes place at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 16:00. Entrance is free.
Monday 20 June
• 18:00 A lecture on ocean conservation takes place at the Swakopmund museum. Entrance is free, although donations are welcome.
Friday 24 June
• 19:00 A fundraising gala dinner in support of SOS Children's Villages in Namibia takes place at the Safari Hotel. Theme: 73 years of giving children the gift of shaping their future. Tickets: N$10 000 for a table of 10, or N$500 for individual tickets. Info: 061 222 457 or [email protected]
Saturday 25 June
• 08:00 The fifth leg of the Gravel & Dirt MTB & Run takes place at Okapuka outside Windhoek. Info: Info: https://rockandrut.org/contact/
• 11:00 World Music Day is celebrated at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 17:00, with various musicians performing. Entrance is free.
• 18:00 Swakopmund Night Market at the Hotel & Entertainment Centre. Info & stalls: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
Tuesday 28 June
• 18:00 Chasing Coral, a Netflix original documentary, is screened at the Swakopmund museum. Entrance is free, although donations are welcome.
Thursday 30 June
• 16:00 The MTC Wine Extravaganza takes place at the Windhoek Country Club until 21:00, until 2 July. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 This month's edition of the Comedy Club at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre is hosted by Big Mitch. Tickets cost N$70 in advance or N$100 at the doors.