Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• Narrating Namibia, an exhibition of 13 posters with statements by 13 authors, can be viewed at the Swakopmund Museum until 20 June.
• The photographic exhibition Sport X Culture - capturing the indigenous games of Namibia - can be viewed in the auditorium of the Goethe Institute until 7 July.
• An exhibition of Ocean Month highlights can be viewed at the Swakopmund museum daily from 10:00 to 17:00, showcasing work by Ocean Conservation Namibia and the effects of plastic pollution in Namibia and globally, until 12 July.
• Kudzanai Katerere's stone sculpture exhibition takes place at the Bellhaus Atelier and Galerie (18 Bell Street) until 14 July.
Küska 2022 (Swakopmund)
• 17 June: Prinzenball. Tickets: N$200
• 18 June: Küskika. Tickets: N$50 for adults, N$30 for kids (free if in costume).
• 20 June: Damenabend. Tickets: N$180
• 21 June: International evening 1. Tickets: N$200
• 22 June: International evening 2. Tickets: N$200
• 23 June: Büttenabend 1. Tickets: N$200
• 24 June: Büttenabend 2. Tickets: N$200
• 25 June at 11:11: Strassenumzug, starting at AMH, ending at SFC.
• 25 June at 12:30: Kehraus at SFC. Tickets: N$50 for adults & and N$10 for kids older than 12.
Tickets from Mutts & Mules (081 242 6650). Dinner is available at all events.
Unless otherwise noted, events take place at the Haus der Jugend. Doors open at 19:00 for 20:11.
Friday 17 June
• 10:00 #JusticeForAnimals & CrossFit live charity throwdown at the Hage Geingob stadium, with entertainment by Riaan Smit, Jacob & Taylor and Half Jack, along with fun for the kids and a variety of stalls. Continues on the 18th. Tickets: N$80 to N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 18 June
• 06:00 The Lightning road run takes place at the IJG Trails at Farm Windhoek. Info [email protected]
• 10:00 Meet South African motivational speaker Cindy Swanepoel at Lemon Tree in Windhoek, when she speaks of thankfulness and new opportunities. Tickets: N$180. Info: 081 288 2886. Cash bar and refreshments will be on sale.
• 10:00 Family fun Frühschoppen style at the MTC Dome in Swakopmund, with the tasting of beers, wines and cheese, while kids can prepare their own pizza, along with dancing on deck with Andrea. Tickets: N$60 - N$120 via webtickets.com.na
• 14:00 The first dance workshop hosted by OYO takes place at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 16:00. Entrance is free.
Sunday 19 June
• 13:00 Vaughn Ahrens performs at Col’Cacchio at the Grove Mall for Father's Day.
Monday 20 June
• 18:00 A lecture on ocean conservation takes place at the Swakopmund Museum. Entrance is free, although donations are welcome.
Tuesday 21 June
• 19:00 A public talk by conservation scientist Novald Iiyambo on Game Count Conservation in Khaudum National Park takes place at the Scientific Society. While there is space for a limited number of participants, the talk can be followed via https://zoom.us/j/8023841980 .
Wednesday 22 June
• 18:00 Cooking with whisky and cholocate at the Silver Spoon Hospitality Acadamy. Cost: N$750. Info and bookings: 061 240 944 or [email protected]
Friday 24 June
• 19:00 A fundraising gala dinner in support of SOS Children's Villages in Namibia takes place at the Safari Hotel. Theme: 73 years of giving children the gift of shaping their future. Tickets: N$10 000 for a table of 10, or N$500 for individual tickets. Info: 061 222 457 or [email protected]
• 20:00 SA's Arno Carstens performs at Desert Tavern in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$200 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 25 June
• A market day takes place at the Baines shopping centre. To book your free to exhibit and sell stall, send an email to [email protected]
• 08:00 The fifth leg of the Gravel & Dirt MTB & Run takes place at Okapuka outside Windhoek. Info: Info: https://rockandrut.org/contact/
• 09:00 Market at Elisenheim Urban Village until 20:00, with live music, fire dancers, craft beer and gin and interesting stalls. For more info check out the Elisenheim Urban Market event page, mail [email protected] or call 081 667 1804.
• 09:00 Market at the Haven Zoological Park in Kleine Kuppe until 19:00. Join in for a day of fun for young and old, with a variety of activities to choose from, along with live music by various artists.
• 11:00 World Music Day is celebrated at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 17:00, with various musicians performing. Entrance is free.
• 12:00 Windhoek Draught presents a Gazza & Friends multi-concert, with concerts at Bix Carwash at 12:00 with Tswazis, with Lioness at Brewers Market at 14:00, with Ethnix at The Catch at 15:00, with Ixa at XS Lounge at 16:00, and with Skrypt at the Experience Lounge at 17:00. Tickets: N$50 and up via webtickets.com.na
• 17:00 SA's Arno Carstens performs at the Windhoek Country Club. Line-up also includes Mari Bosman and Riaan Smit. Tickets: N$200 at the gates.
• 18:00 Swakopmund Night Market at the Hotel & Entertainment Centre. Info & stalls: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
Tuesday 28 June
• 18:00 Chasing Coral, a Netflix original documentary, is screened at the Swakopmund museum. Entrance is free, although donations are welcome.
Thursday 30 June
• 16:00 The MTC Wine Extravaganza takes place at the Windhoek Country Club until 21:00, until 2 July. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 This month's edition of the Comedy Club at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre is hosted by Big Mitch. Tickets cost N$70 in advance or N$100 at the doors.
Saturday 2 July
• 10:00 A massive "Boeremusiek" festival takes place at Armae on the outskirts of Okahandja, with music by Hennie de Bruyn, Hardeveld Boereorkes, Glen Pearce, Allastaire van Wyk and Koos Brand. There's also entertainment for the kids, market stalls and rugby (SA vs Wales) on the big screen. Info: 081 315 7197 or [email protected]
• Stepping Stone Special Education School hosts their Galjoen Derby Festival at their open erf opposite Ocean View Spar in Swakopmund. While the fishing competition takes place at the beach, everyone else can enjoy a family fun day, which includes a potjiekos or a braaibroodjie competition, which great prizes up for grabs. The day features live entertainment, food and drinks, jumping castles, games and stalls. For info on the fishing competition, contact Jurie at 081 418 9189, and to enter the cooking competitions, contact Yasmin at 081 220 9723. Entrance is N$20 for adults and N$10 for kids.
Friday 1 July
• 12:00 In celebration of international reggae day, a two-day reggae festival takes place at the Zoo Park Amphitheatre in Windhoek, featuring Ras Sheehama, Ngatu, Shikololo, Fari Dread, Petu, Lamour Isaacs, Ras Ronald, Buju, The Rootz Crew, @King Tubby's and DJ Massive. Tickets for a 2-day pass cost N$150 or N$100 per day for day passes, via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 South African singer Danie Niehaus performs at Droombos. Tickets: From N$200 via quicket.co.za . Info: 083 2888 352.
• The three-day international Desert Storm IV kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu Gi & No-Gi, and MMA takes place in Walvis Bay. Tickets at the doors or pre-order at 081 127 4711.
Saturday 2 July
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 30 July, 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• The annual Namibgrens MTB event takes place at Namibgrens Lodge. Info: https://rockandrut.org/contact/
• 15:00 Enjoy an afternoon in the presence of Denise Newman (Bridgette from Suidooster) at the Sea Side Hotel in Swakopmund. Tickets cost N$220 per person, which includes a light snack. Contact PSW Hairport at 081 672 2074 / 081 308 0536 / 081 367 5357 for info and tickets.
Erik Holm tour to Namibia
Wheelchair-bound South African actor Erik Holm will be visiting Namibia in July with his motivational session, Van Trauma tot Triomf.
• 2 July: Oranjemund. Contact Rhonda at 081 246 43`9
• 4 July: Windhoek. Contact Luzaan at 081 384 8232
• 5 July: Grootfontein. Contact Ryno at 081 225 7441
• 7 July: Swakopmund. Contact Julie at 085 275 7905
• 8 July: Walvis Bay. Contact Belinda at 081 127 6586.