Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• The annual Okahandja Expo is back, taking place at the sport stadium until Saturday, with a boxing bonanza on Friday, and a musical performance on Saturday. Tickets: N$10 to N$50 via webtickets.com.na
• The photographic exhibition Sport X Culture - capturing the indigenous games of Namibia - can be viewed in the auditorium of the Goethe Institute until 7 July.
• An exhibition of Ocean Month highlights can be viewed at the Swakopmund museum daily from 10:00 to 17:00, showcasing work by Ocean Conservation Namibia and the effects of plastic pollution in Namibia and globally, until 12 July.
• Kudzanai Katerere's stone sculpture exhibition takes place at the Bellhaus Atelier and Galerie (18 Bell Street) until 14 July.
• Interwoven - Bellhaus ? Karakulia – with bespoke carpet designs created by E-Tunga Studios, Marcii Magson, Michael Chandler and Tina Basson, at the Bellhaus Atelier & Gallery. View until 23 July.
Thursday 30 June
• 16:00 The MTC Wine Extravaganza takes place at the Windhoek Country Club until 21:00, until 2 July. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 This month's edition of the Comedy Club at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre is hosted by Big Mitch and is themed The Laws of Attraction. Tickets cost N$70 in advance or N$100 at the doors.
Friday 1 July
• 12:00 In celebration of international reggae day, a two-day reggae festival takes place at the Zoo Park Amphitheatre in Windhoek, featuring Ras Sheehama, Ngatu, Shikololo, Fari Dread, Petu, Lamour Isaacs, Ras Ronald, Buju, The Rootz Crew, @King Tubby's and DJ Massive. Tickets for a 2-day pass cost N$150 or N$100 per day for day passes, via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 The opening of the Fun Funky Functional Products from Found Objects exhibition opens at the Omba Gallery of the Namibia Craft Centre.
• 18:00 The Kinetic Drawing Sessions 2 with Dewald Veldsman at the Bellhaus Atelier & Gallery. Info: bellhaus.art
• 18:00 South African singer Danie Niehaus performs at Droombos. Tickets: From N$200 via quicket.co.za . Info: 083 2888 352.
• 19:00 Drag Night presents Christmas in July at Cafe Prestige in Windhoek. Directed by Lize Ehlers, tickets cost N$80 at the doors. A second show takes place on the 2nd.
• The three-day international Desert Storm IV kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu Gi & No-Gi, and MMA takes place in Walvis Bay. Tickets at the doors or pre-order at 081 127 4711.
Saturday 2 July
• Stepping Stone Special Education School hosts their Galjoen Derby Festival at their open erf opposite Ocean View Spar in Swakopmund. While the fishing competition takes place at the beach, everyone else can enjoy a family fun day, which includes a potjiekos or a braaibroodjie competition, which great prizes up for grabs. The day features live entertainment, food and drinks, jumping castles, games and stalls. For info on the fishing competition, contact Jurie at 081 418 9189, and to enter the cooking competitions, contact Yasmin at 081 220 9723. Entrance is N$20 for adults and N$10 for kids.
• The Standard Bank / AfriTin Tinman challenge takes place at Uis. Check out raceday.events/tinman-2022 for more info and categories.
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 30 July, 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 10:00 A massive "Boeremusiek" festival takes place at Armae on the outskirts of Okahandja, with music by Hennie de Bruyn, Hardeveld Boereorkes, Glen Pearce, Allastaire van Wyk and Koos Brand. There's also entertainment for the kids, market stalls and rugby (SA vs Wales) on the big screen. Info: 081 315 7197 or [email protected]
• 15:00 Enjoy an afternoon in the presence of Denise Newman (Bridgette from Suidooster) at the Sea Side Hotel in Swakopmund. Tickets cost N$220 per person, which includes a light snack. Contact PSW Hairport at 081 672 2074 / 081 308 0536 / 081 367 5357 for info and tickets.
• 18:30 South African singer Danie Niehaus performs at Atlantic Villa in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Erik Holm tour to Namibia
Wheelchair-bound South African actor Erik Holm will be visiting Namibia in July with his motivational session, Van Trauma tot Triomf.
• 2 July: Oranjemund. Contact Rhonda at 081 246 43`9
• 4 July: Windhoek. Contact Luzaan at 081 384 8232
• 5 July: Grootfontein. Contact Ryno at 081 225 7441
• 7 July: Swakopmund. Contact Julie at 085 275 7905
• 8 July: Walvis Bay. Contact Belinda at 081 127 6586.
Thursday 7 July
• 18:00 Fraitaxtsēs sores tsîn ge ra≠gâ / Ondjembo yo Null Vier, an exhibition by Berlin-based artist Ixmucané Aguilar opens at the National Art Gallery and can be viewed until 6 August.
Friday 8 July
• 20:00 David Greilsammer hosts a solo piano concert in the National Theatre. Tickets: N$250 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 9 July
• 08:00 The Finkenstein Bush Market takes place at the estate on the outskirts of the capital. Also on the programme is the Clausthaler trail run (4km / 8km). Registrations for this can be done via [email protected] Participation cost N$100 for adults and N$50 for kids (early bird) or N$150 (late registration).
• 18:00 In this month's edition of Virtually Yours (online) and hosted by the Goethe Institute, Zukiswa Wanner chats to Cameroonian-American author Nana Nkweti.
22 & 23 July
• Seawork host a 2-day seafood festival at the Olympia swimming pool, with professional chefs, delicious seafood, live music and entertainment for the kids.
Saturday 23 July
• 18:00 Enjoy an evening with "Oppistoep" hosts Pietman Geldenhuys and Lientjie Jaars at the C'est Si Bon hotel in Otjiwarongo in support of the local neighbourhood watch. Tickets cost N$350 or N$3500 for a table of 10.
27 - 29 July
• 08:00 The 4th Africa Youth in Tourism Summit and Innovation Challenge takes place at the Safari Hotel in Windhoek, themed "Developing youth and innovative entrepreneurship solutions for inclusive tourism recovery in Africa". To participate, call or whatsapp +27813037030 or +27817004163.
Thursday 28 July
• 17:30 Future Females Windhoek present "Master relationship selling in your business" with two purpose-led entrepreneurs at Lemon Tree (previously Vintage Coffee Shop). Tickets: N$85 via webtickets.com.na.
Friday 29 July
• 18:00 Stargazing and glühwein at the Cuno Hoffmeister memorial observatory outside Windhoek with Lutz von Dewitz. Info: [email protected] or 061 225 372.
Saturday 30 July
• 07:00 The annual Windhoek Biltongfees takes place at Trustco United rugby field in Windhoek, featuring performances by Franja, Leah and Jan Jan Jan.
• 18:00 South Africa's Adam Tas performs at the Primary School Vooruit in Otjiwarongo in support of the town's NG church. Tickets: N$150.