Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until 12:00 every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• An exhibition of Ocean Month highlights can be viewed at the Swakopmund museum daily from 10:00 to 17:00, showcasing work by Ocean Conservation Namibia and the effects of plastic pollution in Namibia and globally, until 12 July.
• Kudzanai Katerere's stone sculpture exhibition takes place at the Bellhaus Atelier and Galerie (18 Bell Street) until 14 July.
• View the Fun Funky Functional Products from Found Objects exhibition at the Omba Gallery of the Namibia Craft Centre until 20 July
• Interwoven - Bellhaus ? Karakulia – with bespoke carpet designs created by E-Tunga Studios, Marcii Magson, Michael Chandler and Tina Basson, at the Bellhaus Atelier & Gallery. View until 23 July.
• Ndinomholo Ndilula's solo exhibition Komesho at the Namibian Arts Association (122 Robert Mugabe Ave) can be viewed until 27 July.
Thursday 7 July
• 18:00 Fraitaxtsēs sores tsîn ge ra≠gâ / Ondjembo yo Null Vier, an exhibition by Berlin-based artist Ixmucané Aguilar opens at the National Art Gallery and can be viewed until 6 August.
• 18:30 Boost-up comedy night with performances by Ileka, Slick, Big Mitch, Zita & Helmut, Kudana, Babii and Tate Buti at the Brewers Market in Windhoek. Tickets: N$50 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 8 July
• 20:00 David Greilsammer hosts a solo piano concert in the National Theatre. Tickets: N$250 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 9 July
• 08:30 Guided walk hosted by the Botanic Society at the botanic gardens in Windhoek (8 Orban Street). Entrance: N$20 for visitors, free for members and children under 16.
• 09:00 The Finkenstein Bush Market takes place at the estate on the outskirts of the capital until 14:00.
• 15:00 Heart2Heart performs at the Bush Bar in Windhoek.
• 17:00 Collective Thoughts Vol 1, an exhibition by Petrus Amuthenuand Frans Uunona, opens at the Woermannhaus Gallery in Swakopmund. View until 31 July. Opening times are Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 17:00, and from 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
• 18:00 In this month's edition of Virtually Yours (online) and hosted by the Goethe Institute, Zukiswa Wanner chats to Cameroonian-American author Nana Nkweti.
• 18:00 Theatre Wine & Paint at the Village in Windhoek, themed 'Sci-fi drama', hosted by Definition Art. Tickets: N$300 per person of N$500 per couple, which includes snacks, bottomless wine, canvas and paint. Bookings essential via 081 425 1056.
Tuesday 12 July
• 19:00 Public talk by Dr Ernest Green on Biomedical Engineering and Health Technology Management Training in Namibia: Serving a Critical Need, at the Scientific Society in Windhoek.
Thursday 14 July
• 19:00 Public talk by Dr Paul Feil on Pulmonary Pearls and Sleep Secrets at the Scientific Society in Windhoek.
Saturday 16 July
• 15:00 An avant-garde affair ladies’ day with champagne, cake, art and style takes place at The Barn in Windhoek, in conjunction with Marilie van Schalkwyk of Segura Emporium. Dress code is avant-garde and tickets cost N$299, available at The Barn.
• 20:00 Glitterball at MYNT nightclub in Windhoek.
Tuesday 19 July
• 18:00 Come home to your body - meet yourself on the mat for a cathartic workout experience - with Klara at the Bellhaus Gallery in Windhoek. Participation is N$300. Book online at bellhaus.art
Wednesday 20 July
• 19:00 As part of the Ukrainian Film Festival, a movie is screened at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. While entrance is free, donations are welcome and will go towards humanitarian relief. Info: [email protected]
22 & 23 July
• Seawork host a 2-day seafood festival at the Olympia swimming pool, with professional chefs, delicious seafood, live music and entertainment for the kids.
Saturday 23 July
• 18:00 Enjoy an evening with "Oppistoep" hosts Pietman Geldenhuys and Lientjie Jaars at the C'est Si Bon hotel in Otjiwarongo in support of the local neighbourhood watch. Tickets cost N$350 or N$3500 for a table of 10.
Monday 25 July
• 19:00 The Namibia Scientific Society hosts a 50th-anniversary reunion poetry reading social with Crispin Clay of Luderitz, dubbed Laugh, Sob, Itch!
27 - 29 July
• 08:00 The 4th Africa Youth in Tourism Summit and Innovation Challenge takes place at the Safari Hotel in Windhoek, themed "Developing youth and innovative entrepreneurship solutions for inclusive tourism recovery in Africa". To participate, call or whatsapp +27813037030 or +27817004163.
Wednesday 27 July
• 19:00 As part of the Ukrainian Film Festival, a movie is screened at The Village in Windhoek. While entrance is free, donations are welcome and will go towards humanitarian relief. Info: [email protected]
Thursday 28 July
• 17:30 Future Females Windhoek present "Master relationship selling in your business" with two purpose-led entrepreneurs at Lemon Tree (previously Vintage Coffee Shop). Tickets: N$85 via webtickets.com.na.
• 17:30 Fjords in Namibia and bone-beds on the West Coast – a talk by Roger Smith and Pippa Haarhoff on Sedimentology and Taphonomy of an early Pliocene Sivethere bonebed at the West Coast fossil park, followed by a talk Eduardo Rosa on the late Paleozoic glaciation and its paleofjords in north-western Namibia in the auditorium of the Ministry of Mines in Windhoek. For Online login details, email [email protected] .
Friday 29 July
• 18:00 Stargazing and glühwein at the Cuno Hoffmeister memorial observatory outside Windhoek with Lutz von Dewitz. Info: [email protected] or 061 225 372.
• 19:00 Sedney Kotokeni Haufiku gospel show featuring Maranatha at the NTN Backstage. Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 30 July
• 07:00 The annual Windhoek Biltongfees takes place at Trustco United rugby field in Windhoek, featuring performances by Franja, Leah and Jan Jan Jan.
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 08:30 There's a Day Market at Droombos until 14:00, featuring a variety of stalls, from mouth-watering food stalls to handcrafted items. Info [email protected]
• 18:00 South Africa's Adam Tas performs at the Primary School Vooruit in Otjiwarongo in support of the town's NG church. Tickets: N$150.