Chill with Windhoek ExpressRecurring events
• 07:00 Bio-Markt / Green Market at the Stephanus Church (Dr Kenneth Kaunda Street) in Windhoek until noon every Saturday.
• 16:00 Coffee and Cake at Farm Krumhuk every Sunday. Cost: N$80 for adults (2 pieces of cake and bottomless coffee & hot/cold tea) and children under 6 are half price. Info: 061 233 645. Bookings are essential for groups bigger than 7.
• Black Line, an exhibition by Kabelo Kim, can be viewed at the Project Room (30 Julius Nyerere Street, Windhoek) until 30 July.
• Divine Feminine, a collection by Belia Liebenberg and curated by Efano Efano, can be viewed at the Goethe Institute in Windhoek until 30 July.
• Fraitaxtsēs sores tsîn ge ra≠gâ / Ondjembo yo Null Vier, an exhibition by Berlin-based artist Ixmucané Aguilar can be viewed at the National Art Gallery until 6 August.
• Collective Thoughts Vol 1, an exhibition by Petrus Amuthenuand Frans Uunona, can be viewed at the Woermannhaus Gallery in Swakopmund until 31 July. Opening times are Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 17:00, and from 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
Thursday 28 July
• 10:00 The Kasi Vibe festival is back and takes place until Saturday 30 July at the Sam Nujoma stadium in Windhoek. Tickets for Friday cost between N$40 and N$150, and N$40 for the other two days. Available via webtickets.com.na
• 17:30 Future Females Windhoek present "Master relationship selling in your business" with two purpose-led entrepreneurs at Lemon Tree (previously Vintage Coffee Shop). Tickets: N$85 via webtickets.com.na.
• 17:30 Fjords in Namibia and bone-beds on the West Coast – a talk by Roger Smith and Pippa Haarhoff on Sedimentology and Taphonomy of an early Pliocene Sivethere bonebed at the West Coast fossil park, followed by a talk by Eduardo Rosa on the late Paleozoic glaciation and its paleofjords in north-western Namibia in the auditorium of the Ministry of Mines in Windhoek. For Online login details, email [email protected] .
• 18:00 A talk presented in collaboration with the Gesprächskreis Swakopmund by Prof. Dr. Gerhard Tötemeyer takes place in Swakopmund Museum Lecture Hall. The theme centres around the regional by-election for Swakopmund on 12 August 2022 and is themed “History of Regional Councils and their importance for development and implementation of sub-national objectives”.
• 18:00 The Olympia Neighbourhood Watch hosts a community braai and fundraising at the Old Wheelers Club. Braai packs cost N$125. A cash bar is available.
• 19:00 Le Comedy Club hosted by Big Mitch at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$70 in advance and N$100 at the doors.
• 19:30 The Windhoek Comedy Club hosts The Howler vol 5 at The Wolfshack. Tickets: N$99 in advance (via quicket.co.za) or N$120 at the doors.
Friday 29 July
• 08:00 Random Acts of Kindness Namibia hosts a community clean-up day starting at the Central hospital in commemoration of World Hepatitis Day.
• 15:00 A short story masterclass is hosted at the Goethe Institute by author Filemone Iiyambo. It continues from 09:00 to 13:00 on the 30th. Participation is free. Info: 061 225 700 or [email protected]
• 18:00 Stargazing and glühwein at the Cuno Hoffmeister memorial observatory outside Windhoek with Lutz von Dewitz. Info: [email protected] or 061 225 372.
• 19:00 Movie night under the stars at The Village Garden in Windhoek. Bring along blankets and cash for refreshments. Chairs are provided. Tickets: N$80 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Sedney Kotokeni Haufiku gospel show featuring Maranatha at the NTN Backstage. Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Swakopmund a capella singers in concert with the Cgals chamber choir at the Namib Primary School. Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Acoustic Friday with Déja-Vu at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$80 in advance and N$100 at the doors.
• 19:00 As Night Fades and Jack perform live at the Handle Bar in Windhoek.
Saturday 30 July
• 07:00 The annual Windhoek Biltongfees takes place at Trustco United rugby field in Windhoek, featuring performances by Franja, Leah and Jan Jan Jan.
• 08:00 The ever-popular Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 3 September, 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 08:30 There's a Day Market at Droombos until 14:00, featuring a variety of stalls, from mouth-watering food stalls to handcrafted items. Info [email protected]
• 09:00 International Food Fair hosted by the International School Walvis Bay at the municipal grounds, with pony rides, volleyball, a jumping castle and local vendors.
• 09:00 The MTC Dome Decathlon takes place in Swakopmund until 15:00. The event itself is a circuit relay, with sports enthusiasts competing in a variety of sports codes to test their endurance. Participation is N$600 per team. Info: https://thedomenamibia.com/
• 09:00 The Oyster Festival takes place at the Walvis Bay Primary School, with the best and freshes oysters, food stalls, art, and entertainment for both kids and adults, and music by various local artists and SA's Ray Dylan. Entrance: N$100 for adults, free for children under 12.
• 16:00 Wine and pizza with music by Bravo DaDj, live at Erin's Bistro in Gobabis. Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com.na
• 17:00 The Midgard amphitheatre takes place at the lodge. The Muses, George Longane and others will be performing.
• 18:00 South Africa's Adam Tas performs at the Primary School Vooruit in Otjiwarongo in support of the town's NG church. Tickets: N$150.
• 18:00 A Night Market takes place at the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre until 22:00. For stall bookings, contact 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
• 18:00 Midlife music show at West Nest Lodge. Join them for a relaxing evening with live music by Midlife. Tickets include sherry and soup. Accommodation is available at a 60% discount. Contact 062-570343 or [email protected] for reservations.
• 18:30 Dinner Dance Night at the MTC Dome. Tickets: N$450, which includes a welcoming drink, complimentary wine on the table and a 3-course meal. Babysitters are available for kids aged 2 to 12 at the Kinder Zone. Tickets available via webtickets.com.na
3 - 6 August
• 19:00 Andre the Hilarious Hypnotist performs in the WHS school Hall. Tickets cost N$170 and are available via webtickets.com.na
Thursday 4 August
• 18:30 The Klipwerf Dansorkes performs at the Elnatan Private School. Tickets: N$250 (includes a meal) from Elsabe at 081 433 7338.
Friday 5 August
• 17:00 Wine tasting and grazing table experience at La Coastal Guesthouse in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$350 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:30 Winter-warm musiekaand at the NG Church Windhoek West in Windhoek. Enjoy an evening with local musicians performing music that preaches life! Tickets cost N$180 and include a welcoming drink, a starter, a light meal and something sweet. Info: [email protected] or 061 226 834.
• 19:00 SA's Klipwerf Boere Orkes performs at the Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool in support of Drought Relief Namibia. Tickets: N$180, and N$150 for dinner. Tickets and info: 081 124 9670, 081 288 2886 or 081 272 3856.
Saturday 6 August
• 08:00 Dagbreek school in Windhoek hosts a breakfast fundraiser. Tickets: N$150 p/p (tables of 8). Info: Beanca Oosthuizen at 081 224 5909.
• 08:00 Horizon College (0 Berg Street) in Windhoek hosts their first ever market day, with a variety of goodies on sale.
• 09:00 Potjikos, koop & kuier at the NG Church Pionierspark. Info: 061 241 537.
• 12:00 The first ever Kidz Market takes place at the Theatre School (63 Robert Mugabe Ave) untiil 17:00. Join in for a day of playing and learning, with painting wokshops, a drumming circle, karaoke, jumping castles, a book exchange and more. Entrance: N$40 per child. Food and beverages will be on sale.
• 15:00 Saturday Hip Hop with Nasty C, Tellaman, Audiomarc and other local talent at The Catch in Windhoek. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:30 The finalé of the Channel 7 Talent Search competition takes place at Droombos. Tickets cost N$150 and are available via 061 420 850.
• 19:00 The Klipwerf Dansorkes performs at the Walvis Bay Primary School. Tickets: N$300 (includes a meal) available from Hester at 081 275 7793. Cash bar available.
Thursday 11 August
• 18:00 Barn Art Studio presents A Slice of Art annual exhibition at the MTC Dome in Swakopmund until the 12th.
• 19:00 In this edition of Poetry Sessions at the Goethe Institute, the theme is "My heroes are not yours". Entrance is free. Info: [email protected]
Gerhard Supra tours Namibia
• Friday 12 August: Aranos Farmer's Association Hall.
• Saturday 13 August: Mariental Golf Club
• Wednesday 17 August: Die Dam, Gobabis
• Friday 19 August: Haven Zoo Park in Windhoek
• Saturday 20 August: Erik's Cove, Langstrand
All shows start at 18:30. Tickets: N$50 to N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 12 August
• 19:30 The Klipwerf Dansorkes performs at the Paresis hall in Otjiwarongo. Tickets: N$300 (includes a meal) available from Mariaan at 081 256 4980.
Saturday 13 August
• 09:00 The Tannery Market at Elisenheim resumes, with live entertainment, a variety of stalls, a beer garden and a kids area until 16:00. Bookings and info: 081 667 1804.
Tuesday 16 August
• 19:00 In this month's edition of Cinemaverse at the Goethe Institute, Joel Haikali's "Invisibles" and Lavinia Kapewasha's "Iitandu" is screened. Entrance is free and popcorn will be handed out! Info: 061 225700 or [email protected]
Thursday 18 August
• 19:00 Annie - the musical is presented at the Windhoek High School hall until the 20th. Tickets: N$50 to N$100 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 20 August
• 09:30 Glam Guru roadshow with Hannon Bothma at the Nampower Convention Centre in Windhoek. Tickets: N$330 (which include a copy of Rooi Rose magazine, gift bag, snack box and lucky draw ticket) available via webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 Award-winning South African comedian and actor Joey Rasdien performs at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$350, which includes a light snack. Info [email protected] . Tickets are available via the PayBuddy app.
Thursday 25 August
• 21:00 Garth Taylor performs at the Cosdef Arts and Craft Centre in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
26 & 27 August
• The annual Outjo Wildsfees (game festival) takes place at the Sophienhof Lodge outside Outjo. Featuring entertainment by SA's Juan Boucher and various local artists, including Namibia's Cee-Jay Jacobs Heart2Heart, Vaughn Ahrens and others, as well as a game auction, wine tasting and much more. Entrance: Starting at free entrance for pre-primary children to N$300 for a weekend pass. Visit www.outjowildsfees.com or call 081 354 8118 or 081 124 9011.
26 & 27 August
• The Henties Fees is back! Contact Heike at 081 302 3052 to book a stand. Performing at the festival on the 26th, is Marion Holm with "Holmruggery" at the lapa at 18:30. Tickets are N$350, which includes dinner and wine.
Friday 26 August
• 20:00 Garth Taylor performs at Wanderers in Windhoek. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 27 August
• 12:00 Dalom live show tour celebrating Dan Tshanda at the Sam Nujoma stadium in Windhoek. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 (general) or N$250 - N$400 (VIP) via webtickets.com.na
• 15:00 The Coastal Talent Show takes place at Tiger Reef, in collaboration with the Swakopmund Night Market. Info: [email protected]
• 20:00 Garth Taylor performs at the Hermanus van Wyk hall in Rehoboth. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 South Africa's Juan Boucher performs live at Pirates Wreck sports bar and grill in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$200.