Chill with Windhoek ExpressCurrently running
• Fraitaxtsēs sores tsîn ge ra≠gâ / Ondjembo yo Null Vier, an exhibition by Berlin-based artist Ixmucané Aguilar can be viewed at the National Art Gallery until 6 August.
3 - 6 August
• 19:00 Andre the Hilarious Hypnotist performs in the WHS school Hall. Tickets cost N$170 and are available via webtickets.com.na
Thursday 4 August
• 18:00 Game night at Sound Garden in Swakopmund, featuring Johnny Louw. Entrance is N$20.
• 18:00 Between being human and humanity – a collection of charcoal etches by Dr Helmut Lauschke – opens at the National Art Gallery in Windhoek and can be viewed until 3 September.
• 18:30 The Klipwerf Boereorkes performs at the Elnatan Private School. Tickets: N$250 (includes a meal) from Elsabe at 081 433 7338.
Friday 5 August
• 18:00 mens[gemaak] - an exhibition by Rudolf Seibeb, opens at The Project Room and can be viewed until 20 August.
• 18:30 Winter-warm musiekaand at the NG Church Windhoek West in Windhoek. Enjoy an evening with local musicians performing music that preaches life! Tickets cost N$180 and include a welcoming drink, a starter, a light meal and something sweet. Info: [email protected] or 061 226 834.
• 19:00 SA's Klipwerf Boereorkes performs at the Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool in support of Drought Relief Namibia. Tickets: N$180, and N$150 for dinner. Tickets and info: 081 124 9670, 081 288 2886 or 081 272 3856.
• 19:00 The Yesterday and Fincki perform at Sound Garden in Swakopmund. Entrance is N$50.
Saturday 6 August
• 09:00 A Winter Market takes place at the Urban Village at Elisenheim until 16:00.
• 12:00 The first ever Kidz Market takes place at the Theatre School (63 Robert Mugabe Ave) untiil 17:00. Join in for a day of playing and learning, with painting workshops, a drumming circle, karaoke, jumping castles, a book exchange and more. Entrance: N$40 per child. Food and beverages will be on sale.
• 15:00 Saturday Hip Hop with Nasty C, Tellaman, Audiomarc and other local talent at The Catch in Windhoek. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:30 The finale of the Channel 7 Talent Search competition takes place at Droombos. Tickets cost N$150 and are available via 061 420 850.
• 18:00 An improv wine & paint event takes place at Definition:Art at The Village until 20:30. Tickets: N$300 per person or N$500 per couple. Info and bookings: 081 425 1056.
• 19:00 The Klipwerf Boereorkes performs at the Walvis Bay Primary School. Tickets: N$300 (includes a meal) available from Hester at 081 275 7793. Cash bar available.
• 19:00 The Yesterday and Mickey G perform at Sound Garden in Swakopmund. Entrance is N$50.
Tuesday 9 August
• 19:00 The NEWS AGM is followed by a public talk by Francois Becker: “Call of the Desert - The surprising diversity of Barking Geckos” at the Namibia Scientific Society in Windhoek. For more, send an email to [email protected] .
Wednesday 10 August
• 18:30 Young Namibian singer and self-taught guitarist Litisha performs in this month's edition of Song Night at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$50 at the doors (N$25 for students and alumni).
Thursday 11 August
• 18:00 Barn Art Studio presents A Slice of Art annual exhibition at the MTC Dome in Swakopmund until the 12th.
• 19:00 In this edition of Poetry Sessions at the Goethe Institute, the theme is "My heroes are not yours". Entrance is free. Info: [email protected]
• 19:00 The Miss Teen Namibia beauty pageant takes place at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$450 or N$650 (VIP) available via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Public talk by Prof. Imre Demhardt: Putting Namibia on the Map: Cartographic Highlights, 1507 – 1918 at the Namibia Scientific Society.
Friday 12 August
• 17:00 Meat festival at the Dutch Reformed church Windhoek East (behind WHS).
• 19:00 The Miss Namibia beauty pageant takes place at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$450 or N$650 (VIP) via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 A Musical Venture - a fundraising classical voice recital by Galilei Njembo (tenor) takes place at the Eros Dutch Reformed Church, featuring Retha-Louise Hofmeyr (piano) and Eslon Hindunda (baritone). Tickets: From N$70 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:30 The Klipwerf Dansorkes performs at the Paresis hall in Otjiwarongo. Tickets: N$300 (includes a meal) available from Mariaan at 081 256 4980.
Saturday 13 August
• 09:00 The Tannery Market at Elisenheim resumes, with live entertainment, a variety of stalls, a beer garden and a kids area until 16:00. Bookings and info: 081 667 1804.
• 14:00 The Windhoek City Market takes place at the Country Club until 22:00.
• 18:00 In this month's edition of Virtually Yours at the Goethe Institute, award-winning author Ondjaki speaks to Angola's José Luis Mendonça. This event takes place online.
Sunday 14 August
• 18:00 Meet SA's Mathys Roets at Atlantic Villa guesthouse in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$200 via webtickets.com.na
Tuesday 16 August
• 19:00 In this month's edition of Cinemaverse at the Goethe Institute, Joel Haikali's "Invisibles" and Lavinia Kapewasha's "Iitandu" is screened. Entrance is free and popcorn will be handed out! Info: 061 225700 or [email protected]
Thursday 18 August
• 18:00 The opening of the 10th National Ceramics Biennale opens at the National Art Gallery and can be viewed until 16 September. Info: 061 231 160 or [email protected]
• 19:00 Annie - the musical is presented at the Windhoek High School hall until the 20th. Tickets: N$50 to N$100 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 19 August
• 19:00 Alex.andria performs in this month's edition of Acoustic Friday at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$80 in advance or N$100 at the door.
Saturday 20 August
• 09:30 Glam Guru roadshow with Hannon Bothma at the Nampower Convention Centre in Windhoek. Tickets: N$330 (which include a copy of Rooi Rose magazine, gift bag, snack box and lucky draw ticket) available via webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 Award-winning South African comedian and actor Joey Rasdien performs at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$350, which includes a light snack. Info [email protected] . Tickets are available via the PayBuddy app.
Thursday 25 August
• 19:00 Le Comedy Club with Big Mitch at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$70 in advance and N$100 at the door.
• 21:00 Garth Taylor performs at the Cosdef Arts and Craft Centre in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
26 & 27 August
• The annual Outjo Wildsfees (game festival) takes place at the Sophienhof Lodge outside Outjo. Featuring entertainment by SA's Juan Boucher and various local artists, including Namibia's Cee-Jay Jacobs Heart2Heart, Vaughn Ahrens and others, as well as a game auction, wine tasting and much more. Entrance: Starting at free entrance for pre-primary children to N$300 for a weekend pass. Visit www.outjowildsfees.com or call 081 354 8118 or 081 124 9011.
26 & 27 August
• The Henties Fees is back! Contact Heike at 081 302 3052 to book a stand. Performing at the festival on the 26th, is Marion Holm with "Holmruggery" at the lapa at 18:30. Tickets are N$350, which includes dinner and wine.
Friday 26 August
• 20:00 Garth Taylor performs at Wanderers in Windhoek. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 27 August
• 12:00 Dalom live show tour celebrating Dan Tshanda at the Sam Nujoma stadium in Windhoek. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 (general) or N$250 - N$400 (VIP) via webtickets.com.na
• 15:00 The Coastal Talent Show takes place at Tiger Reef, in collaboration with the Swakopmund Night Market. Info: [email protected]
• 20:00 Garth Taylor performs at the Hermanus van Wyk hall in Rehoboth. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 South Africa's Juan Boucher performs live at Pirates Wreck sports bar and grill in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$200.
Saturday 3 September
• 08:00 The Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 08:00 The Grootfontein Farmer's Association hosts a harvest festival in the town.
• 08:00 Join MUD for 'An Educated Approach to Make-up'. With over 20 years of experience, MUD South Africa owner, Brenda Thambe, will teach you all about her makeup techniques at Arebbusch Lodge in Windhoek. Tickets: Starting from N$450 via quicket.co.za
• 16:00 Heal Our Land concert at the Zoo Park amphitheatre. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 for general admission, and N$500 for VIP via webtickets.com.na
• 19:30 South Africa’s Rudi Claase performs "Van my wysie af" at Droombos on the outskirts of Windhoek. Tickets and info: Alinda at 061 3335 647.
Friday 9 September
• 19:00 Chief Hijangua - the first Namibian opera - by Eslon Hindundu, is presented in the National Theatre. A second performance takes place on Saturday. Tickets: N$100 - N$500 via webtickets.com.na