Chill with Windhoek ExpressCurrently running
• Between being human and humanity – a collection of charcoal etches by Dr Helmut Lauschke –at the National Art Gallery in Windhoek can be viewed until 3 September.
• Unseen - an abstract architectural photographic exhibition by Jean-Claude Tjitamunisa can be viewed at the Namibian Arts Association (122 Robert Mugabe ave) until 26 August.
• The 10th National Ceramics Biennale can be viewed at the National Art Gallery until 16 September. Info: 061 231 160 or [email protected]
Thursday 25 August
• 19:00 Le Comedy Club with Big Mitch at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$70 in advance and N$100 at the door.
• 21:00 Garth Taylor performs at the Cosdef Arts and Craft Centre in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
26 & 27 August
• The annual Outjo Wildsfees (game festival) takes place at the Sophienhof Lodge outside Outjo. Featuring entertainment by SA's Juan Boucher and various local artists, including Namibia's Cee-Jay Jacobs Heart2Heart, Vaughn Ahrens and others, as well as a game auction, wine tasting and much more. Entrance: Starting at free entrance for pre-primary children to N$300 for a weekend pass. Visit www.outjowildsfees.com or call 081 354 8118 or 081 124 9011.
26 & 27 August
• The Henties Fees is back! Contact Heike at 081 302 3052 to book a stand. Performing at the festival on the 26th, is Marion Holm with "Holmruggery" at the lapa at 18:30. Tickets are N$350, which includes dinner and wine.
Friday 26 August
• 18:00 Night Market at the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre. Info: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
• 20:00 Garth Taylor performs at Wanderers in Windhoek. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 27 August
• 07:00 The Okahandja Running Club hosts the Rock Lodge Friendship Trails. Participation: N$150 and entries close on 25 August. Info: [email protected]
• 09:00 Market day at Haven Zoological Park in Kleine Kuppe until 19:00, with various activities for all ages: From sand art and face painting to horse rides and stalls.
• 12:00 Dalom live show tour celebrating Dan Tshanda at the Sam Nujoma stadium in Windhoek. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 (general) or N$250 - N$400 (VIP) via webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 Garth Taylor performs at the Hermanus van Wyk hall in Rehoboth. Tickets: N$250 - N$300 via webtickets.com.na
• 20:00 South Africa's Juan Boucher performs live at Pirates Wreck sports bar and grill in Walvis Bay. Tickets: N$200.
Monday 29 August
• 17:30 The opening of the senior art exhibition by learners of the Holy Cross Convent Primary School takes place at the Namibian Arts Association (122 Robert Mugabe Ave) until 19:00. The exhibition can be viewed until 2 September.
Friday 2 September
• 08:00 The City of Windhoek hosts a Windhoek Market today and tomorrow along Independence Avenue in the Central Business District in a bid to stimulate the local economy, promote local products, and provide a platform that will serve as a temporary street-front retail space for small businesses and corporates to promote and sell their products and services. Info and registration: http://www.cityofwindhoek.org.na/documents/6a8_windhoek_market_vendor_application_form.pdf
• 16:00 Spring Market at the Grove Mall on the upper parking. Bring the family for a day of stalls, live performers and great atmosphere, until 22:00.
Saturday 3 September
• 07:30 SPCA Windhoek Mutt Strutt at Eagles at Avis dam until 11:00. First sign-in from 07:30; first walk at 08:00; Second sign-in from 08:30; second walk @ 09:00. Participation N$100.
• 08:00 The Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 8 October, 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 08:00 The Grootfontein Farmer's Association hosts a harvest festival in the town.
• 08:00 Join MUD for 'An Educated Approach to Make-up'. With over 20 years of experience, MUD South Africa owner, Brenda Thambe, will teach you all about her makeup techniques at Arebbusch Lodge in Windhoek. Tickets: Starting from N$450 via quicket.co.za
• 08:30 Spring market at Droombos on the outskirts of Windhoek until 15:00 with a variety of stalls – from delicious food & desserts to handcrafted items, horse riding and more. Info: 081 409 2614.
• 11:30 Urban Spring Festival at Urban Camp in Windhoek. The lineup includes Riaan Smit, Lin-Mari Coetzee, YD Fresh, JP Kotze and DJ Smi. Tickets: N$100 (in advance via https://bit.ly/3dfPvYL) and N$150 at the doors if available.
• 16:00 Heal Our Land concert at the Zoo Park amphitheatre. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 for general admission, and N$500 for VIP via webtickets.com.na
• 19:30 South Africa’s Rudi Claase performs "Van my wysie af" at Droombos on the outskirts of Windhoek. Tickets and info: Alinda at 061 3335 647.
Thursday 8 September
• 18:00 The third edition of cinematic drawing sessions: Studies in motion with Dewald Veldsman and Marcii Magson, takes place until 21:00 at the Bellhaus Atelier & Galerie. Cost: N$160. Book via [email protected]
9 & 10 September
• 18:30 Lynette Beer presents "Jy is God se kunswerk" at the NG Church Meersing in Walvis Bay. Saturday starts at 08:15 until 15:30. Tickets: N$500, includes snacks, tee and coffee and lunch.
Friday 9 September
• 09:00 A wedding fair takes place at the Windhoek show grounds until 11 September. Tickets: N$30 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 South African comedian Schalk Bezuidenhout performs at the Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool. Tickets start at N$250 via Computicket.
• 19:00 Chief Hijangua - the first Namibian opera - by Eslon Hindundu, is presented in the National Theatre. A second performance takes place on Saturday. Tickets: N$100 - N$500 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 10 September
• 12:00 WSF Finale - All White Edition at the XS Lounge in Windhoek with Ryan the DJ headlining. Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 14:00 Lüderitz Cup for Cancer in support of the Cancer Association of Namibia, at the Nest Hotel. Tickets: N$150, which need to be bought in advance.
• 18:00 South African comedian Schalk Bezuidenhout performs at The MTC Dome in Swakopmund. Tickets start at N$250 via Computicket.
• 18:30 Allegro Music Carnival at the Pionierspark Primary School hall. Tickets: N$150 available from 081 399 2905 or [email protected]
Saturday 11 September
• 10:00 Spring carnival at Droombos in Windhoek, with loads of fun for the whole family! Entrance: N$25 - N$50 via webtickets.com.na
Fatman tour Namibia
The South African singer performs as follows:
• Wednesday 14 September: Omateko conference centre, Gobabis
• Friday 16 September: Aranos Boereverenigingsaal
• Saturday 17 September: Die Skuur, Mariental
• Wednesday 21 September: Otjibamba Lodge, Otjiwarongo
• Friday 23 September: Pro-Ed Akademie, Swakopmund
• Saturday 24 September at 10:00: WHS Vegkop in Windhoek.
All shows start at 19:00, unless otherwise stated. Tickets: N$75 - N$200, depending on venue and cause, via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 17 September
• 09:00 A garden concert with SA Sonja Herholdt at the Otjiwarongo crocodile farm in support of the Cancer Association. Tickets: N$350 (includes snacks) available from Anne at 081 129 0554.
• 17:00 Simply You magazine lifestyle and fashion awards in the National Theatre in Windhoek. Tickets: N$250 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:30 SA's Leandie du Randt talks about "Hacks vir die lewe" (in Afrikaans) at the Lemon Tree restaurant. Tickets: N$200. Info & bookings: 081 288 2886.
• 19:00 South African singer Sonja Herholdt performs at Guesthouse Terra Africa to the benefit of the Cancer Association of Namibia. Tickets: N$500, which includes cheese and wine, available from 061 237740 or proj[email protected] A cash bar will be available.
Friday 23 September
• 09:00 The Standard Bank 09Music Festival takes place at the Unam stadium in Windhoek until the 24th, with music by King Tee Dee and other local musicians as well as South Africa's Makhadzi. Tickets: N$50 - N$2500 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:30 South African singer Andriëtte Norman and Emil Struwig perform at the Gereformeerde Kerk in Pionierspark. Tickets: N$200 which includes light snacks, and available via 081 124 4376 or 081 035 7058.
Saturday 24 September
• 11:00 Altstadt Summer Festival in Swakopmund, with 80s hits provided by DJ Varnhooligan and prices up for grabs for the coolest summer costumes, along with specials on a variety of eats and drinks. Entrance is free, but bookings are essential! 064 461 871 or [email protected]
• 18:30 One Accord gospel concert in the National Theatre. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 via webtickets.com.na
Sunday 25 September
• 13:00 Nigeria’s Burna Boy performs his "Love, Damini" tour at the Hage Geingob stadium in Windhoek. Tickets: N$350 - N$5 500 via webtickets.com.na
28 - 30 September
• SA's Coenie de Villiers and Andre Schwartz present their "Grensloos" tour to Namibia, with performances in:
28 September: Windhoek
29 September: Outjo
30 September: Swakopmund
Contact Jolene at 081 129 3020 for more information. Further details to follow.
Wednesday 28 September
• 10:00 The Namibia Music and Aft Festival takes place at the Sam Nujoma stadium in Windhoek until Sunday. Tickets: From N$40 - N$100 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 30 September
• 14:00 The three-day Otjiwarongo Bush Fest takes place at the town's golf course until Sunday. Tickets: From N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 14:00 The Kalahari Vastrap takes place at Farm Veronica of the Aru Game Lodge until Sunday, 2 October. Check out their Facebook page for more information.