Chill with Windhoek ExpressCurrently running
• Ehafo - a solo exhibition by Elisia Nghidishange can be viewed at the Namibia Arts Association until 7 October.
Fatman tour to Namibia
The South African singer performs as follows:
• Friday 23 September: Pro-Ed Akademie, Swakopmund
• Saturday 24 September at 10:00: WHS Vegkop in Windhoek.
All shows start at 19:00 unless otherwise stated. Tickets: N$75 - N$200, depending on venue and cause, via webtickets.com.na
Thursday 22 September
• 18:00 The Big Rethink - Careers of the Future brought to you by WhoCanHelpMyKid.com at the Windhoek High School hall. Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 The Source - a solo exhibition by Tity Kalala Tshilumba opens at the National Art Gallery and can be viewed until 5 November.
Friday 23 September
• 06:00 Yellow & Gold Shake in support of the Cancer Association's Chica fund at various intersections in town. Dress up, brand your street corner and make a difference! Info: [email protected]
• 09:00 The Standard Bank 09Music Festival takes place at the Unam stadium in Windhoek until the 24th, with music by King Tee Dee and other local musicians as well as South Africa's Makhadzi. Tickets: N$50 - N$2500 via webtickets.com.na
• 11:00 The Windhoek Agricultural, Livestock and Motor Show takes place at the showgrounds until 1 October.
• 19:00 The Trio Feminale presents Under the Stars outside the Central Hotel in Omaruru. Tickets: N$250, including a light dinner. Book at 081 496 5450.
• 19:30 South African singer Andriëtte Norman and Emil Struwig perform at the Gereformeerde Kerk in Pionierspark. Tickets: N$200 (includes light snacks) available via 081 124 4376 or 081 035 7058.
Saturday 24 September
• 09:00 Market day at the Haven Zoological Park in Kleine Kuppe until 19:00, with fun for young and old!
• 09:00 In another collaboration with Township Productions, the Goethe-Institut hosts a poetry workshop aimed at poets from Windhoek and led by Helen Vale. It combines aspects of the poet as writer, listener and performer and also addresses the "what" (content/themes) and the "how".
• 10:00 Farmers Market at the Dunes Mall (Walvis Bay) until 15:00. Stalls: 064 209 619 or [email protected]
• 10:00 Buy Local Grow Namibia Fair at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 18:00, with food, stalls, films and entertainment. Entrance is free.
• 11:00 Altstadt Summer Festival in Swakopmund, with 80s hits provided by DJ Varnhooligan and prices up for grabs for the coolest summer costumes, along with specials on a variety of eats and drinks. Entrance is free, but bookings are essential! 064 461 871 or [email protected]
• 12:00 The Kidz Market at Theatre School in Windhoek. Lots of fun, with a jumping castle and water slide, drumming session and face paint. Entrance is N$40 for kids and N$10 for adults.
• 18:00 Stargazing at the Cuno Hoffmeister Memorial Observatory with Lutz van Dewitz. Info: Namibia Scientific Society at [email protected] or 061 225 372
• 18:30 The Windhoeker Männerchor and the Femme Vocale host a Spring Serenade a the German Boy Scouts hall (opposite Centaurus High School). Tickets: N$80 for adults and N$50 for children which includes a welcome drink, available from 061 229 271.
• 18:30 One Accord gospel concert in the National Theatre. Tickets: N$150 - N$200 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 SA's Andriette Norman performs at the Atlantic Villa Guesthouse in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$300 via webtickets.com.na
Sunday 25 September
• 06:30 Join Secret Sunrise for a morning rave session at The Barn. Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 13:00 Nigeria’s Burna Boy performs his "Love, Damini" tour at the Hage Geingob stadium in Windhoek. Tickets: N$350 - N$5 500 via webtickets.com.na
Tuesday 27 September
• 19:00 Public talk by Prof Walter Peters on "Swakopmund: the making of a town from scratch" at the Scientific Society in Windhoek.
28 - 30 September
SA's Coenie de Villiers and Andre Schwartz present their "Grensloos" tour to Namibia, with performances on:
• 28 September: Windhoek
• 29 September: Outjo
• 30 September: Swakopmund
Contact Jolene at 081 129 3020 for more information. Further details to follow.
Wednesday 28 September
• The annual Karibib gemstones and commercial show takes place until 1 October, featuring government, corporate and local exhibitors, SMEs as well as entertainment for the kids. Info and bookings: Nathan at 081 293 1152.
• 10:00 The Namibia Music and Aft Festival takes place at the Sam Nujoma stadium in Windhoek until Sunday. Tickets: From N$40 - N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 Wine Tasting with De Grendel's Charles Hopkins at The Wine Shop. Tickets: N$150 from [email protected] or 061 226 514.
• 18:30 The Exit - a collection by fashion designer Beverly K, opens at the Namibian Arts Association, with a fashion show on the 29th at 18:00 (tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na).
Thursday 29 September
• 06:30 The Oshikombo30 Annual Music and Sports Bonanza takes place at Oshakati's Independence Stadium until Saturday. Tickets: N$14 - N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 The Exit Fashion Show - a collection of reinventing and reimagining using innovation and technology takes place at the Namibia Arts Association in Windhoek. Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 In this month's edition of Future Females Windhoek, the theme is "Identify your target audience and build strong relationships". Venue: The Barn, Windhoek. Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 30 September
• 14:00 The three-day Otjiwarongo Bush Fest takes place at the town's golf course until Sunday. Tickets: From N$150 via webtickets.com.na
• 14:00 The Kalahari Vastrap takes place at Farm Veronica of the Aru Game Lodge until Sunday, 2 October. Check out their Facebook page for more information.
• 18:00 Night Market at the Swakopmund Entertainment Centre until 22:00. Info: 081 129 0029 / [email protected]
• 19:00 Tulongo Wahengo performs in this month's edition of Acoustic Friday at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Tickets: N$60 in advance or N$at ar the doors.
• 19:30 "Keelvol" - a bittersweet comedy (in Afrikaans) takes place at the Dutch Reformed church Windhoek West. Meals will be on sale before the show. Tickets: N$200. Bookings: [email protected]
Saturday 1 October
• Oktoberfest at the Moth Centre Veterans Pub in Walvis Bay, with music by Savannah Collings, Bella, JP and Replica.
• Oktoberfest at Kamp Vrede: Frühschoppen with music and entertainment by the Kaufeee-Kapelle followed by music and dance by the Kamp Vrede band. Book yourself a whole weekend away! Info: Sanette at 081 248 5500 or [email protected]
• 08:00 Ricky's Custom Car Shop hosts a car showfest at Ramatex in Windhoek.
• 08:00 Khomasdal Market Day (Hans Dietrich Gentscher Street) until 15:00. Info and stalls: Martha at 081 257 5774.
• 09:00 Felsgraffiti writing workshop with Stefan Bollmann, author of The Breath of the World - Johann Wolfgang Goethe and the Experience of Nature", at the Goethe-Institut in Windhoek until 17:00. Register at [email protected]
• 09:00 Tannery Spring Market at Elisenheim until 15:00. Entrance: N$20. Stall bookings and info: 081 667 1804 or 081 432 9086.
• 09:00 Hats & Roses event in support of the Cancer Association of Namibia at the Windhoek Country Club, with entertainment by Sarah Theron. Dress: Flowers and feathers. Tickets: N$550, available from 061 237740 or [email protected]
• 10:00 The BiketoberFest takes place at The Handle Bar in Windhoek, with bands, bikers, beer, babes, brandewyn, burgers, bwhiskey and bjeagermeister on the menu.
• 10:00 The Jurra Inn DITC Festival takes place at Palm Tree Park in Windhoek and continues on Sunday at 10:00. Tickets start at N$50 via webtickets.com.na
• 11:00 The Old Wheelers Club in Olympia hosts the Day of the Old Wheeler until 19:00. Entrance is free.
• 18:00 Mr Gay Namibia finale takes place at the Nampower Convention Centre. Tickets: N$100 - N$350 for general admission and N$650 for VIP, available via webtickets.com.na
• 19:30 South African comedian Marc Lottering performs in the National Theatre in Windhoek. Tickets: N$200 via webtickets.com.na. Please note that this show is not suitable for children.
• 20:00 The Dansons perform at the Standard Bank Desert Festival in Walvis Bay.
Brendan Peyper tour to Namibia
The South African singer will be performing at various locations across the country.
• Monday 3 October: Privaatskool Elnatan, Stampriet
• Wednesday 5 October: Swakopmund
• Thursday 6 October: Walvis Bay
• Friday 7 October: Windhoek
• Saturday 8 October: Otjiwarongo
• Monday 10 October: Grootfontein Rugby Club
• Wednesday 12 October: Privaatskool Keetmanshoop
Info: 081 288 2886
Wednesday 5 October
• 18:00 Reading by Stefan Bollmann, author of "The Breath of the World. Johann Wolfgang Goethe and the Experience of Nature" at the Goethe-Institut. Entrance is free. Info: [email protected]
Friday 7 October
• 19:00 African Threads - an exhibition of traditional textiles from Sub-Saharan Africa, opens at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre. Entrance is free. It can be viewed until 14 October.
Saturday 8 October
• 08:00 The Windhoek Boeremark / Farmers Market takes place at the Windhoek Showgrounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5 for adults, and free for pensioners and children. Info: Esme at 081 277 8677 or [email protected] Other dates: 29 October, 3 December and 10 December.
• 10:00 Future Females Windhoek in partnership with The Barn hosts the 1st Windhoek Business Expo, providing an opportunity for female entrepreneurs (new, start-ups and established) to connect and leverage from the Future Females community at large. Info: [email protected] OR [email protected] . Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 15:00 Namibia's biggest Tea Party 4 Hope to raise funds for cancer patients, takes place at Vegkop (WHS). Tickets: N$300 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 The Speak Out Seek Help (SOSH) mental health awareness red carpet event takes place at the Nampower Convention Centre in Windhoek. Tickets: N$150 (general admission) and N$500 (VIP) via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Dinner and dance at the Andries du Plessis hall (WAP) with music by DJ Hans. Tickets: N$5 000 per table of ten or N$500 per person, which includes dinner. Cash bar available. Reservations: [email protected] or 081 128 1152.