Chill with Windhoek ExpressCurrently running
• The Project Room hosts Queer Art Now, presented by Anne Lacheiner-Kuhn until Saturday, 10 December.
• Home of Mine - a collection of 14 Windhoek-based photographers exhibit their work at Cafe Prestige (Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre) until 20 January.
• Unam graduates present their works at the National Art Gallery until 21 January 2023.
• The College of the Arts department of art and design presents Art Splash – their annual student exhibition – at the Namibian Arts Association (122 Robert Mugabe Avenue) until Friday, 10 February.
Thursday 8 December
• 19:00 Human Rights Day charity concert by Elemotho at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre, in support of the National Federation of Persons with disabilities in Namibia. Tickets: N$200 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 The Power Pad Girls host internationally acclaimed author, poet and comedian Alok Menon discussing moving beyond the gender-binary at the Brewer's Market. Tickets: N$80 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 9 December
• 18:00 Christmas Beer Fest at the Brewer & Butcher in Swakopmund, with entertainment by Peter Wackel and Friends.
• 20:00 South Africa's AKA performs at The Loft (Old Power Station). Tickets: N$150 via webtickets.com.na
Saturday 10 December
• 08:00 The Windhoek Boeremark / Farmer's Market takes place at the show grounds until 13:00. Entrance: N$5, children under 12 and pensioners free. Info [email protected] or 085 5551023.
• 09:00 The Shed is back! Entrance is free, there's generous seating and secure parking. Open until 18:00, and again from 09:00 to 15:00 on Sunday. How to get there: Around 30km from Windhoek on the B6 towards the international airport, take the turn-off directly opposite the road to Dordabis. Info: [email protected]
• 16:00 The Windhoek Summer Festival with amapiano duo Q-Mark and TpZee along with Namibia's top DJs perform at Independence Stadium in Windhoek. Tickets: N$150 (general admission) or N$300 (golden circle) via webtickets.com.na
• 16:00 A fundraiser for the Rhino Momma Project takes place at Sound Garden in Swakopmund, with performances by Andra Cilliers, Savannah & Adam, JP Actually, Sagarias Tsam, Janelle Botha, and Ang & Mona. Bookings: 081 622 2212.
Wednesday 14 December
• 18:00 The first Spectrum Awards - a pride red carpet event - takes place at the Theatre School in Windhoek. Theme: Shine Bright Like a Diamond. Dress: Formal in silver and white. Tickets: N$60 vai webtickets.com.na
Wednesday 14 December
• 18:30 Trio Feminale presents 101 years of Astor Piazzolla at Leo's Garden Restaurant in Windhoek. Tickets: N$300. Info: 081 298 9889. Only 100 seats are available; a special dinner will be served after the show.
Thursday 15 December
• The annual Nedbank Swakop Food Festival takes place at the Amphitheatre until the 17th.
Friday 16 December
• Swakopmund Street Fair in Daniel Tjongarero Avenue. Continues until the 17th. Info: 064 410 4100.
• 12:00 Christmas carols at Maerua Mall until 13:00.
• 18:30 Comedy and music by Francois Boyce, Riaan Smit, Lin-Mari and Jessica Ashley Strydom at the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment centre. Tickets: N$250 at the hotel.
Saturday 17 December
• 11:30 Defenders of House coastal edition at the MTC Dome in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$100 - N$200 via webtickets.com.na
• The annual beach festival takes place at Langstrand. Info: Carel Rautenbach at 081 615 6718.
Monday 19 December
• 19:00 Trio Feminale present 101 years of Astor Piazzolla at the Namib Primary School hall in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$200 and N$80 for kids under 14 (includes snacks and wine). Info and tickets: 064 405 814 or 081 124 1437.
Wednesday 21 December
• 19:00 Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels perform live at the MTC Dome in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$250 (general admission) and N$350 (golden circle) via webtickets.com.na
• 12:00 Swakopmund Night Market all-day market and beach festival at Tiger Reef. Info: 081 810 2629 or [email protected]
Friday 23 December
• 11:00 Fact KM Rocks Fest, bringing artists, families, young entrepreneurs and SMEs together to showcase their ideas through product marketing and sales, at the Katima Mulilo Sports Complex. Continues on the 24th. Tickets: N$70 - N$2 000 via webtickets.com.na
Wednesday 28 December
• The Sound of Summer concert takes place at Langstrand. Info: Carel Rautenbach at 081 615 6718.
Thursday 29 December
• 10:00 Mystique Carnival with carnival costumes at the Vineta north sport field in Swakopmund until the 31st. Tickets: N$70 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 30 December
• 17:00 Evolve presents Carnival of Flames - a fire and dance visual extravaganza at the Paintball Centre & Adventure Park in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$150 in advance or N$200 at the gate for adults, and N$75 in advance or N$100 at the gate for under 18s. Children under 12 are free. Info: Zelda at 085 746 5757.
Saturday 21 January
• 17:00 Stars under African Skies, with German singers Ireen Sheer, Tim Toupet and Patrick Lindner at Midgard. Tickets: N$600 (VIP) and N$400 (general admission) via Webtickets.com.na