Chill with Windhoek ExpressCurrently running
• Lost in the Wild - artworks depicting Namibian and Ugandan Fauna by Joseph 'Ntensibe and the Sustainable Wildlife Management community conservancy project can be viewed at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 11 March. Entrance is free.
• Art and design exhibition and sale of anything related to sunflowers at the Cosdef Arts & Crafts Centre in Swakopmund. View until 24 March. Opening times: 09:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Friday, and 09:00 to 13:00 on Saturday. Info: 064 406 122.
• A solo exhibition by Trevor Nott consisting of wood, stone, metal, gratitude and respect can be viewed at the Bellhaus Atelier & Galerie until 25 March.
“Magic Words – Zauberworte” Namibian tour
• 10 March: Kashana Lodge, Omaruru (includes a 3-course meal)
• 11 March: Barth Hall, Omaruru
• 13 March: Haus der Jugend, Swakopmund (German show)
• 14 March: Haus der Jugend, Swakopmund (English show)
• 15 March: Hotel Deutsches Haus, Swakopmund (includes a 4-course meal)
• 17 March: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
• 18 March: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
• 20 March: Nest Hotel, Lüderitz (special dinner show)
• 21 March: Lüderitz
• 22 March: Maltahöhe Hotel
• 24 March: National Theatre, Windhoek (VIP tickets available)
• 25 March: National Theatre, Windhoek (VIP tickets available)
Tickets are available via webtickets.com.na.
Saturday 11 March
• 08:00 Guided walk in Windhoek's botanic garden (Orban Street) until 10:45. Entrance: N$20 and free for members and children under 16. Info: [email protected]
• 08:00 Finkenstein bush market at the estate on the outskirts of Windhoek until 13:00 with entertainment for the whole family. Entrance is free.
• 11:11 WIKA wake-up party with live music, good food and German gemütlichkeit at the Old Brewery courtyard behind the Namibia Craft Centre until late.
• 19:00 The Capricorn Private Wealth Baroque Festival with young Namibian soloists accompanied by the NNSO and Cantare Audire takes place in the DHPS Aula. Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com.na. A second performance takes place on Sunday 12 March at 19:00.
Tuesday 14 March
• 19:00 NEWS talk by Dr Dipanjan Naha of the Ongava Research Centre on Living on the edge – human-carnivore interactions along the northern border of Etosha at the Scientific Society in Windhoek.
Friday 17 March
• Geraas oppi Plaas presents Tree of Love - a psychospiritual, audiovisual, psychedelic community experience, at Montechristo Riverside Camping. Tickets: Tier 3: N$750 or N$850 at the gates, available via the Biltong Shop in Maerua Mall. The revelry continues until Sunday.
• 18:00 An exhibition of nine artists that participated in the Baker's Bay Artists' Retreat opens at the Namibian Arts Association and can be viewed until 24 March.
• 18:30 Secret Sunrise Swakopmund Sandy Sunset at Tropicana (Langstrand jetty). Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com na.
Saturday 18 March
• 06:45 Secret Sunrise Swakopmund beach awakening at Tropicana (Langstrand jetty). Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 Night market at the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre until 22:00. Bookings and info: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
Wednesday 22 March
• 19:00 The Namibia Scientific Society in conjunction with Klaus Hess Publishers host a public talk by Prof Norbert Jürgens and Felicitas Gunter on Namibia's fairy circles.
Thursday 23 March
• 19:00 Book launch and German public talk with the author of Der Bart des Elefanten, Wolfgang Brune about the life of Volker Grellmann, Namibian hunter and environmentalist.
• Friday 24 March: Prinzenball / Royal Ball & Prunksitzung. Tickets: N$250
• Saturday 25 March: Street procession down Independence Avenue
• Saturday 25 March: WIKA Beerfest
• Sunday 26 March: KiKaWi children's carnival. Tickets: N$70
• Wednesday 29 March: Ladies & Men’s night, as well as the masked ball. Tickets: N$150
• Thursday 30 March: First international evening. Tickets: N$250
• Friday 31 March: Second international evening. Tickets: N$250
• Saturday 1 April: JuKa youth carnival. Tickets: N$70.
All events at the SKW, unless otherwise stated.
Saturday 25 March
• Meet Angus Buchan at WHS/Vegkop for a day of revival and prayer. Entrance is free. Info: [email protected]
Sunday 26 March
• 09:00 Atlantis Waterpark Family Market until 13:00. Free entry and parking, featuring lots of food, arts and crafts and fun for the family. Waterpark entrance: N$50.
Monday 27 March
• 14:30 Afternoon coffee and cake (bring and share) with Crispin Clay who shares stories, poems and anecdotes of his life at the Namibia Scientific Society. Registration is required at 061 225 372.
Thursday 30 March
• 09:00 Okahandja Youth Festival at the Nau-Aib sports stadium until 1 April. Info: 081 213 9181 or 081 632 6706.
• 10:00 The next instalment of the Kasi Vibe Festival takes place at the Sam Nujoma stadium in the capital until Sunday. Info: [email protected] or 081 309 231.
Friday 31 March
• 18:00 The Cancer Association of Namibia celebrates its 55th anniversary with a gala ball at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$550 per person or N$1 000 per couple available via [email protected] or 061 237 740.
• 18:00 Bukalo Stories by Lynette Musukubili opens at The Project Room.
Saturday 1 April
• 06:30 Secret Sunrise Windhoek sunset soundscapes at The Village. Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com.na
• 08:00 Farmer's market / Boeremark at the Windhoek showgrounds until 13:00. Info: 081 277 8766 or [email protected] Next dates: 29 April, 3 June, 1 July, 29 July, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December and 9 December.
• 08:00 Courtyard Grootfontein Table Market, with fresh baked products, fruit, veggies, used closing, crafts and more. Book a table for N$50. Info: 081 258 7328.
• 18:00 Andries Botha performs at the Okahandja Golf Club. Tickets: N$250 (includes food, kiddies entertainment, beer tent, prizegiving and golf) available from 081 349 9297.
Wednesday 5 April
• 19:00 As part of their Sunshine Tour, Neon Dreams, Coleman Hell and the Saxby Twins perform at Sound Garden in Swakopmund. More info to follow in due course.
Thursday 6 April
• 18:00 Neon Dreams performs live @ MYNT as part of their Sunshine Tour. Tickets: N$290 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 7 April
• 08:00 Namibia Music & Art Festival at the Walvis Bay municipal parking until Sunday. Tickets: N$40 - N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Neon Dreams performs live @ MYNT as part of their Sunshine Tour. Tickets: N$290 via webtickets.com.na
7 - 10 April
• The Namibian Burn is a cultural and art event that follows the principles of the Burning Man festival and takes place in the Kalahari near Blumfelde. You will need to be self-reliant! Tickets start at N$400 via quicket.co.za