Chill with Windhoek ExpressCurrently running
• Art and design exhibition and sale of anything related to sunflowers at the Cosdef Arts & Crafts Centre in Swakopmund. View until 24 March. Opening times: 09:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Friday, and 09:00 to 13:00 on Saturday. Info: 064 406 122.
• A solo exhibition by Trevor Nott consisting of wood, stone, metal, gratitude and respect can be viewed at the Bellhaus Atelier & Galerie until 25 March.
“Magic Words – Zauberworte” Namibian tour
• 17 March: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
• 18 March: Wolwedans Dunes Lodge
• 20 March: Nest Hotel, Lüderitz (special dinner show)
• 21 March: Lüderitz
• 22 March: Maltahöhe Hotel
• 24 March: National Theatre, Windhoek (VIP tickets available)
• 25 March: National Theatre, Windhoek (VIP tickets available)
Tickets are available via webtickets.com.na.
Friday 17 March
• Geraas oppi Plaas presents Tree of Love - a psychospiritual, audiovisual, psychedelic community experience, at Montecristo Riverside Camping. Tickets: Tier 3: N$750 or N$850 at the gates, available via the Biltong Shop in Maerua Mall. The revelry continues until Sunday.
• 18:00 An exhibition of nine artists that participated in the Baker's Bay Artists' Retreat opens at the Namibian Arts Association and can be viewed until 24 March.
• 18:30 Secret Sunrise Swakopmund Sandy Sunset at Tropicana (Langstrand jetty). Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com na.
Saturday 18 March
• 06:45 Secret Sunrise Swakopmund beach awakening at Tropicana (Langstrand jetty). Tickets: N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 11:00 Celebrate St Patrick's Day at Joe's Beerhouse, with live entertainment by Just Jack until 16:00. Entrance: N$30. Dress in green and stand a chance to win a prize!
• 17:00 Celebrate independence with a paint and wine pairing facilitated by artist Betsie van Rensburg at the Cosdef centre in Swakopmund. Tickets: N$300, which includes paint, a glass of wine or juice, and snacks. Bookings: 064 406 122 or 081 128 0587.
• 17:45 Mr & Miss Supranational Namibia takes place at the Safari Hotel in Windhoek. Tickets: N$450 - N$850 via webtickets.com.na
• 18:00 Night market at the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre until 22:00. Bookings and info: 081 129 0029 or [email protected]
Wednesday 22 March
• 19:00 The Namibia Scientific Society in conjunction with Klaus Hess Publishers host a public talk by Prof Norbert Jürgens and Felicitas Gunter on Namibia's fairy circles.
Thursday 23 March
• 18:00 An Ode to the Masters opens at the National Art Gallery. The collection is described as a rich cache of artistic work by seasoned creatives reflecting their respective journeys. View until 29 April.
• 19:00 Book launch and German public talk with the author of Der Bart des Elefanten, Wolfgang Brune about the life of Volker Grellmann, Namibian hunter and environmentalist.
• Friday 24 March: Prinzenball / Royal Ball & Prunksitzung. Tickets: N$250
• Saturday 25 March: Street procession down Independence Avenue
• Saturday 25 March: WIKA Beerfest
• Sunday 26 March: KiKaWi children's carnival. Tickets: N$70
• Wednesday 29 March: Ladies & Men’s night, as well as the masked ball. Tickets: N$150
• Thursday 30 March: First international evening. Tickets: N$250
• Friday 31 March: Second international evening. Tickets: N$250
• Saturday 1 April: JuKa youth carnival. Tickets: N$70.
All events at the SKW, unless otherwise stated.
Saturday 25 March
• Meet Angus Buchan at WHS/Vegkop for a day of revival and prayer. Entrance is free. Info: [email protected]
• 10:00 Francophone Fair with food, crafts and a kid's corner at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre until 17:00. Entrance is free.
Sunday 26 March
• 09:00 Atlantis Waterpark Family Market until 13:00. Free entry and parking, featuring lots of food, arts and crafts and fun for the family. Waterpark entrance: N$50.
• 10:00 Sunday Market at the Cosdef arts & crafts centre in Swakopmund until 16:00, with music, kid's activities, food and more. Entrance is free.
Monday 27 March
• 14:30 Afternoon coffee and cake (bring and share) with Crispin Clay who shares stories, poems and anecdotes of his life at the Namibia Scientific Society. Registration is required at 061 225 372.
Thursday 30 March
• 09:00 Okahandja Youth Festival at the Nau-Aib sports stadium until 1 April. Info: 081 213 9181 or 081 632 6706.
• 10:00 The next instalment of the Kasi Vibe Festival takes place at the Sam Nujoma stadium in the capital until Sunday. Info: [email protected] or 081 309 231.
Friday 31 March
• 18:00 The Cancer Association of Namibia celebrates its 55th anniversary with a gala ball at the Windhoek Country Club. Tickets: N$550 per person or N$1 000 per couple available via [email protected] or 061 237 740.
• 18:00 Bukalo Stories by Lynette Musukubili opens at The Project Room and can be viewed until 25 April.
• 19:00 The search is on for the next Ma/Gaisa star in the National Theatre. Tickets: N$250 - N$350 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 This month's edition of Acoustic Friday at the Franco-Namibian Cultural Centre features Zingerwingz. Tickets: N$60 in advance and N$80 at the doors.
Saturday 1 April
• 06:30 Secret Sunrise Windhoek sunset soundscapes at The Village. Tickets: N$120 via webtickets.com.na
• 08:00 Farmer's market / Boeremark at the Windhoek showgrounds until 13:00. Info: 081 277 8766 or windh[email protected] Next dates: 29 April, 3 June, 1 July, 29 July, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December and 9 December.
• 08:00 Courtyard Grootfontein Table Market, with freshly baked products, fruit, veggies, used closing, crafts and more. Book a table for N$50. Info: 081 258 7328.
• 18:00 Andries Botha performs at the Okahandja Golf Club. Tickets: N$250 (includes food, kiddies entertainment, beer tent, prizegiving and golf) available from 081 349 9297.
Wednesday 5 April
• 19:00 As part of their Sunshine Tour, Neon Dreams, Coleman Hell and the Saxby Twins perform at Sound Garden in Swakopmund. More info to follow in due course.
Thursday 6 April
• 18:00 Neon Dreams performs live at MYNT as part of their Sunshine Tour. Tickets: N$290 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 7 April
• 08:00 Namibia Music & Art Festival at the Walvis Bay municipal parking until Sunday. Tickets: N$40 - N$100 via webtickets.com.na
• 19:00 Neon Dreams performs live at MYNT as part of their Sunshine Tour. Tickets: N$290 via webtickets.com.na
7 - 10 April
• The Namibian Burn is a cultural and art event that follows the principles of the Burning Man festival and takes place in the Kalahari near Blumfelde. You will need to be self-reliant! Tickets start at N$400 via quicket.co.za
Saturday 8 April
• AllInNation Festival at Independence stadium in Windhoek, featuring local and international music. Tickets: N$350 - N$6 000 via webtickets.com.na
Friday 14 April
• Kalkfeld 2023 Agri Mega Day with exhibitions and demonstrations, followed by a family day, fun run & ride, exhibitions and a game auction on the 15th. Entrance: N$50, u/12s free. Info and registration: 081 203 1773 or [email protected]
Sunday 16 April
• 17:00 Italian duo Sello & Canino present a flute and piano concert hosted by the Italian Cultural Institute of Pretoria in the National Theatre of Namibia. Entrance is free.
Friday 28 April
• The City of Windhoek hosts the /Ae//Gams arts & cultural festival at the municipality’s upper parking until the 29th. Info: 061 290 2588 or [email protected] Applications by musicians, crafters, food vendors, actors, cultural groups and more can apply via www.cityofwindhoek.org.na or visit the municipality's social media pages.